PDA

View Full Version : South Korea's Anti-Suicide Schools

Malone
10-24-2015, 03:54 AM
What a tribute to the effects of hyper-capitalism and ultra-competitiveness.

Suicidal people are locked into coffins in 'death experience' schools in South Korea | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3284587/Learn-dead-day-Suicidal-people-locked-coffins-bizarre-death-experience-schools-South-Korea-40-people-kill-day.html)

James
10-24-2015, 06:00 AM
I have fondness for South Korea. It strikes me as a feverish mirror of the society I myself live in, so both the positive and negative elements are exaggerated tenfold in their aesthetic, whereas my reaction to current British society is one of alienated indifference much of the time.

bendk
10-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Are they enrolled in compulsory laughing classes yet? Or maybe they should see a 'smile consultant'.

Japanese Can't Stop Smiling, And It's Driving Them Mad
The practice of non-stop smiling, now considered a crucial skill in the Japanese service economy, is hurting the mental health of people whose smiles are suppressing their genuine emotions. Some simply can't stop smiling.
Even when relating traumatic experiences, study subjects were shocked to learn that they never stopped smiling. Smile consultants rake in high fees in corporate Japan, while young employees receive on-the-job smile training.
"Forcing yourself to wear this smile mask for a long period of time can, as it gets more extreme, lead to real depression," said prominent psychiatrist Makoto Natsume. He has also noted physical complaints akin to repetitive strain injuries.