PDA

View Full Version : Ligottian style photograph books

Dark Deceiver
12-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Was just wondering if perhaps anyone out there could steer me toward any books of the kind that feature photographs of broken dilapidated structures and buildings, largely those of an urban variety as is the case with many such abodes included in Ligottis work. I find that pictorial references such as these help me with my own writings, as is the case with the cover of the Pavel Brycz book 'I, City', so beautiful in its naked depiction of decay and open tract of waste, I simply have to find more - preferably a whole book dedicated to the subject if possible. Heres hoping.......:mad:

paeng
12-28-2007, 12:52 PM
I entered "photography book of ruins" in Google and found links to Drooker's American Ruins, Shaun O'Boyle's website (which also features some books), several by Camilo Jose Vergara, and Haunter of Ruins by Clarence John Laughlin. Other keywords might lead to more titles.

nomis
12-28-2007, 02:15 PM
I've not seen much of it, but I believe Simon Marsden's work fits your criteria.

Dark Deceiver
12-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys. I've looked at some of the titles you suggested on Amazon and I might just have to invest in some of them forthwith.:D

trieffiewiles
12-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Both 'Dream' and 'Fruit of the Secret God' by photographer John Santerineross feature characters and internal environments that may be of interest but you'd no doubt want to see for yourself first. Here's his website - http://www.attis.nu/attis_main.html