PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Theoretical Detective #1 (1982)

Dr. Bantham
01-20-2008, 08:55 PM
I will pay well for a copy of this. If anyone has a copy, please contact me to discuss an offer. If you are absolutely resolute against parting with it, please contact me in an effort to integrate scans into The Library of Byzantium archival project.

bendk
02-24-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm not seriously looking to buy this, but I am curious to know if anyone has ever seen a copy? I wonder if Ligotti's detective story is imbued with the same dark vision as the rest of his work.

BeelzeBob
08-02-2023, 09:32 PM
Figured I’d revive this old query. Has anyone ever even seen a copy of Theoretical Detective? I still can’t so much as pull up a picture of it with the culmination of all human knowledge at my fingertips. Thanks!

bendk
08-02-2023, 11:19 PM
Here you go. I've only seen it for sale once.

https://www.ligotti.net/showthread.php?t=9093&highlight=theoretical+detective

BeelzeBob
08-03-2023, 12:44 AM
Ah yes, I forgot that photo was on here. So I guess I have technically seen a pic of it. But I’ve still never seen it out in the wild for sale. I just snagged Punk Surrealist Cafe #6 off eBay for a pretty good price, so it kinda rekindled my curiosity in the super rare 80’s fanzines. Theoretical Detective is now the only one I’ve never seen for sale. I’m still missing a couple of the Grimoires, but I have at least seen them for sale, albeit only one time.