PDA

View Full Version : Lovecraftian Stuff

darrick
02-03-2005, 10:50 PM
hey, if any of you guys are interested in my pencil and paper role-playing game of dark fantasy, black magic, lovecraftian alien demonic things, and weird, mask wearing, nihilistic strangeness, etc... let me know and i will email it to you: darrick3909@yahoo.com

Empire of Satanis

this rpg will also be debuting at my Cthulhu Mythos convention in the spring, Cthulhu One. link: http://www.darkmusicdomain.com/cthulhu.html

if you know of anyone interested in lovecraft, satanism, dark fantasy, weirdness and/or roleplaying, please spread the word about both these dark magical announcents.

thanks, Darrick Dishaw

High Priest, Cult of Cthulhu

Aetherwing
02-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Ah, the Lovecraftian. Azathoth's inhuman cult is referenced in "Sect of the Idiot" rather obliquely. Interesting stuff.
-The Hunting Horror

darrick
03-12-2005, 10:09 PM
when it comes to breaking out of the prison i call "everyday life" i will follow almost anyone! i discovered satanism through the books of Anton Szandor LaVey years ago. Satan and Cthulhu from H. P. Lovecraft, and the nightmarish reality of Thomas Ligotti are my inspiration for life, fun (yes, cheer up Tom), and magical work. these are all tools and ideas that i chose. they make me feel engergized, empowered, and stimulated. these concepts may do nothing for others, but for me they work. to each their own.

When i need a paradigm that regular people will understand: i go to Satan

When i need something that is wholly outside regular people's understanding: i go to Cthulhu

When i need to wipe away the dirt and filth of all beliefs everywhere: i go the dark, backalley of a universe called Ligotti-ville

if you're into Lovecraft check out my cthulhu convention spring 2005: http://www.darkmusicdomain.com/cthulhu.html

later, Darrick

darrick
03-19-2005, 06:16 PM
the Lovecraftian / Ligottian Fiends from Hell have finally been loosed upon the world! The Empire of Satanis has come for humanity! The most original, innovative, fun, horrific, and cheapest paper and pencil RPG around... check it out here: http://www.lulu.com/content/113758

thanks, Darrick Dishaw
www.CultofCthulhu.net

Aetherwing
03-19-2005, 06:17 PM
I must say I admire you your obvious affinity to all things inimical, outre, tenebrous, and strangely-angled!

I'm a longtime admirer of HPL in my own right, and it warms the heart (well, the Heart of Darkness, at any rate) to see that the Old Gent and his phantasmagoric creations still have the ability to open adyta of illimitable wonder and imagination even in this lackluster and wonder-starved world of today.

In the event that you are not already familiar with it, I'll suggest that you immediately get hold of Blue Oyster Cult's album IMAGINOS. It's an incredibly Lovecraftian thematic album, as others here (the inestimable and talented Matt Cardin as well as the incomparable Doc Locrian) will firmly attest.

Nice to meet you, Cultist Darrick, and until next time, may Nyarlathotep's Thousand Masques waft inspiration unto you from the Outer Void.....

Hailing Widderslainte From The World of Seven Suns,
-Aether

darrick
03-20-2005, 12:20 AM
thank you for the warm (as the still beating heart of darkness) regards...

it looks like we are both long time admirers of HPL and TL. I see their work as a wonderful, if obscure, success story. placed firmly in the soul, their art has destroyed "life" and annihilated the "real" - or at the very least shown these concepts to be illusory. their escape from this world has happily been my escape.

and my homage, tribute, contribution, and pastiche of their efforts (the Empire of Satanis rpg) has luridly served to chisel away yet more holes in our former prison. a role-playing game is a lot like a miniature universe created for one's amusement. a place with laws and aesthetics unique to one's wishes. as in life, people either make a heaven of their life, a hell, or in my case a hideous paradise...

Empire of Satanis: http://www.lulu.com/content/113758

i hope that some will tarry in my blasphemous grove for awhile. thanks, and i'll check IMAGINOS out.

Darrick Dishaw
High Priest, Cult of Cthulhu

The Silent One
03-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Speaking of dark forces, nice avatar! Old Nyarlathotep, from the Lovecraft Tarot. Nice 8) .

Aetherwing
03-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Oh, yes...all the new avatars are wonderful. Your new one is extraordinarily eerie, Silent. From where does it come?

Rememb'ring Yuggoth and even more Distant Shaggai,
-Aether

darrick
03-20-2005, 01:40 AM
hey guys, i quite honestly have absolutely no idea where my avatar came from... i've never seen that picture before tonight.

i like both your pics, right out of EoS, i must say. and how about that quote at the end, aether? is that from you or someone else?

so are you guys cultists too? does anyone here practice magic? or magick?

D

Dr. Bantham
03-20-2005, 06:29 AM
hey guys, i quite honestly have absolutely no idea where my avatar came from... i've never seen that picture before tonight.
I selected the new avatars personally based upon either what I knew of each member or what impression may have arisen from their chosen username. There are many to choose from in the new avatar gallery, with several types organized by directory. More are to follow.

If you wish to change your avatar, or simply browse those available, you may proceed to the Profile Control Panel (Profile at the Top Menu), click on the profile tab and then the Avatar tab within the inner box. Clicking on the Show Gallery button will open a window for viewing the avatar gallery. Clicking on an image will select the avatar as your own. Each avatar is unique, in that once it is selected it is removed from the gallery. Be aware that selecting another avatar will re-introduce your current avatar within the gallery, and thus available to other members.

As for each of your avatars....

Aetherwing
The South Watcher by Stephen Fabian, being a piece of Night Land art.

darrick
Nyarlathotep, from Daryl Hutchinson's fantastic Lovecraft Tarot.

The Silent One
A haunting piece by Beksinski. I only learned yesterday of his murder which occurred some weeks back. I am greatly saddened by our loss. Details to follow.

My own avatar is a marionette as created by Scott Radke. It bears a striking resemblance to Dr. Bantham, nay?

There is also an integrated gallery within the new site, with several artists currently represented. You may also upload images to this gallery or your own personal gallery. Several artists are currently represented. It is my intent to provide exposure to each artist without compromising image copyright, as each image will be protected from downloading and will additionally bear a watermark. Again, more content is to follow.

I think I had intended on covering some of this ground as a portion of the Forum Tour, therefore forgive me if I paste it therein soon.

Aetherwing
03-20-2005, 07:09 PM
I hate to hear about the tragic event you mention, Doc B...truly awful news.

And Darrick...The quote is mine, actually. Something I wrote during a corespondence with Doc Locrian.

As for myself, I am not a cultist of any kind. I'm a devotee of the numinous, and an avid admirer of the outlandish and outre.

Regards from Outside,
-Aether

The New Nonsense
03-22-2005, 02:45 AM
In a crowd like this you're bound to encounter practitioners of magick. Count me one of them. Chaos magick of course. Nothing too fancy really, simply magick for the agnostic. If Tom's taught us anything, it's that reality is not always what it seems, and it's easily susceptible to suggestion and influence.

unknown
03-22-2005, 11:42 AM
I find it ironic that the avatar given to me was a puppet with crazy lookin hair...looked similar to me...infact, I think I'll go back to using it

Dr. Bantham
03-22-2005, 12:18 PM
I find it ironic that the avatar given to me was a puppet with crazy lookin hair...looked similar to me...infact, I think I'll go back to using it
Twas not irony, but my simple minded connection between the puppet image and your own, which I seem to recall seeing while browsing DeviantArt, or elsewhere. I got a big kick out of choosing avatars for the existing members. Some were specific to my knowledge of a member, some where impressionistic instinct.

unknown
03-22-2005, 12:35 PM
ah, that's how you knew what I looked like (I forgot about that pesky DevArt page heh)

darrick
03-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Greetings New Nonsense... your degenerate, harlequin visage looks very familiar to me...

glad to see someone else here practices the art of Chaos. just wanted to let you, and other Ligottians, know that Chaos Magic magazine: Konton is out! and this issue features my poetry and a short story...

Konton Magazine Spring Equinox Issue is out.
Volume 2 Issue 1 of Konton Magazine is out!
http://www.chaosmagic.com/store/konton-magazine-spring-eq.shtml

D

The New Nonsense
03-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Do you hear that clacking? That's my wooden hands giving applause. Congrats on getting your work into Konton Mag. I've got mine ordered.

Keep'n it surreal..