PDA

View Full Version : My Sister's Most Ligottian Encounter

simon p. murphy
04-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Okay, so yesterday my 18 year-old sister was walking through the city in the late afternoon with her boyfriend. She has especially long, blonde hair. She was approached by an old woman with a severe case of wall-eye who asked her if she could buy some of her hair. She offered $200 for 20cm, and stated that she intended to use the hair for her dolls. The creep factor was just too high so she declined. I don't know how I would feel about my hair being used to make dolls - I don't see any rational cause for concern, but I suppose seeing horror movies about dolls and voodoo stuff has influenced me more than I care to admit.

starrysothoth
04-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Eerie. I'm also not sure how I would respond to an experience like this. A quick retreat probably, since the role of dolls in Ligotti and other horror has filled me with great unease. The thought of my own hair being used for one by a stranger is just too much.

unknown
04-18-2008, 05:04 PM
the only way it would be even creepier is if the dolls looked like her

ooo

albie
04-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Suppose they used human teeth too. Too big and cavity covered.

Think about it. Where do all those teeth go at the dentists? They don't ALL go to be used as dice by clowns.:p

unknown
04-23-2008, 01:54 AM
probably the same place where all the pulp taken from the Pulp Free orange juice goes to

albie
04-23-2008, 06:24 AM
Inside dolls? urgh.

Hildred Castaigne
04-25-2008, 03:46 AM
It would appear that Simulacra are for some the sincerest form of flattery.