PDA

View Full Version : Alain Badiou Lecture in NYC (November 7, 2008)

Daisy
10-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Dear All,

I just received an e-mail announcement about an upcoming lecture by Alain Badiou at New York University on November 7, 2008. I wanted to be sure to pass the news along right away, in case any of you might be able to attend.

Best wishes,

Nicole

Friday, November 7, 4 p.m. Lecture: "Théâtre et philosophie" by Alain Badiou, philosopher and author of La Théorie du sujet, with discussants Martin Puchner, Columbia University; editor of the English edition of Badiou’s Rhapdosie pour le théâtre; and Bruno Bosteels, Cornell University, translator of Rhapdosie pour le théâtre. In French.

La Maison Française, New York University
16 Washington Mews (at University Place)
New York, New York 10003
(212) 998-8750

Jezetha
11-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I admire Badiou (though not uncritically). At the moment I am reading Le Siècle in Dutch, his study about the 20th century: what was it, what drove it, what tasks did it set itself, what were its salient characteristics, what sort of philosophical Gestalt does it project? Badiou can still think the possibility of real change, a conviction that I share. (The other living philosophers I find stimulating are Zizek, Virilio and Sloterdijk.)