PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

yellowish haze
05-03-2005, 08:31 AM
How about my new avatar, isn't it cool? It's a pity it is so small.
It comes from Tim Burton's short animation "Vincent".

Click here (http://vincent.madonna-online.ch/) to find out more about this movie.

barrywood
05-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Slavek, it's very cool indeed. I want one like that now. :lol:

unknown
05-03-2005, 10:22 AM
I saw a preview for that the other day...looks promising

The Silent One
05-03-2005, 11:54 AM
How about my new avatar, isn't it cool? It's a pity it is so small.
It comes from Tim Burton's short animation "Vincent".

Click here (http://vincent.madonna-online.ch/) to find out more about this movie.
Tim Burton's lost film. Eeeeexcelent :twisted: ....

unknown
05-03-2005, 05:50 PM
nevermind...I was wrong

Dr. Bantham
05-04-2005, 08:36 PM
What a wonderful little film "Vincent" is. I have uploaded it in entirety to the VideoBox section for online streaming as both high and low bandwidth selections. I may actually manage to find a higher quality file at some point. The VideoBox and MusicBox are now functional and accessible from the main TLO sidebar menu. These features have yet to be heralded by an official announcement, but members are encouraged to try them both out in a beta environment. Enjoy!

Aetherwing
05-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Vincent DOES fill me with unholy glee. I just bought the special edition of NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, which includes both VINCENT and FRANKENWEENIE.

Damn, I miss Vincent Price. He had such a wonderful voice....

DeathfareDevil
05-08-2005, 11:14 AM
He will always be Matthew Hopkins, Witchfinder, to me.

I really miss Hammer Horror films. One of these days I need to go on a Hammer DVD-buying binge.

bendk
05-09-2005, 02:38 AM
I like Vincent Price too. He made a lot of great horror movies that I remember seeing as a kid: The Fly, House of Usher, Masque of the Red Death, Pit and the Pendulum, and House of Wax, to name a few. Plus Edward Scissorhands. I also liked his creepy narrative segment for the Michael Jackson music video Thriller.

I'll have to get that special edition of THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS that has VINCENT, which I have not seen yet, and FRANKENWEENIE, which I have only seen once. I have an old VHS copy of THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, but it is getting pretty worn out. That movie spawned some great toys. If you're ever bored, check them out on eBay. Some of them are really cool and worth more than a few bucks. I would also recommend the children's book version of THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. It is written and illustrated by Tim Burton. He is quite the writer and artist. The book is in verse and the illustrations are wonderful. It is about the same size and format as Maurice Sendak's WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE - another favorite.

Slawek,

I like your avatar. It is both funny and diabolical at the same time.

The Silent One
06-18-2005, 09:34 PM
You know he's got a new film coming out at some distant point in the distant future? Corpse Bride. I love this guy's sense of humour.

unknown
06-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Vincent was an excellent little film. I love Tim Burton's imagination. he has this book of...fairy tales I'd guess you'd say called "The Mysterious death of Oyster Boy..." er something along those lines. It's really funny...packed with dark humor and such. it takes like a half of an hour to read from cover to cover.

The Silent One
06-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Vincent was an excellent little film. I love Tim Burton's imagination. he has this book of...fairy tales I'd guess you'd say called "The Mysterious death of Oyster Boy..." er something along those lines. It's really funny...packed with dark humor and such. it takes like a half of an hour to read from cover to cover.
I have it. The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy. Sick fun for the Carnivale's grimmest patrons :).

unknown
06-20-2005, 01:18 PM
haha I was way off on the title. But yeah. Very cool book.