PDA

View Full Version : What would your preferred death be?

barrywood
05-24-2005, 04:46 PM
If you could choose your own death, eventually, what would it be?

Mine would be dying of old age, peacefully, during sleep.

Barry

The Silent One
05-24-2005, 09:31 PM
If I had to die, a freefall into one of those vast caverns in South America. A beautiful view, a rush of adrenalin, and sedatives to dull possible pain and my mild acrophobia :). Then again, those fears are rooted in a compulsion to jump, so.... Geronimo :D! A long, peaceful life beforehand would be suggested, though, unless my suffering was great enough... If at all, hopefully the first :(. Gee, I'm morbid. But positive nonetheless!

The New Nonsense
05-24-2005, 09:46 PM
"There are but four ways to die
A sardonic spirit might have said to me-
There is dying that occurs relatively suddenly
There is dying that occurs relatively gradually
There is dying that occurs relatively painlessly
There is the death that is full of pain
Thus, by various means, they are combined
the sudden and the gradual
the painless and the painful
To yield but four ways to die
And there are no others."
-----Thomas Ligotti

Part of me agrees with you Barry; however, there is a part of me that would actually like to be aware of my last few moments. I'd also rather not have any large predators involved. Preferably it would occur with loved ones present, with a clear head, in the distant future, in a aesthetically pleasing spot, and without much pain. Now I realize the chance of me getting all or even most of these is a long shot, but we're talking best case scenario.
Until then as they say, "Every day above ground is a good day."

unknown
05-25-2005, 12:09 AM
playing guitar or listening to music definitely

ElHI
05-25-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm too old to wish to die the glamorous death of a Rock Star at 22, so I guess my preferred death would be to dissolve into tiny specks of consciousness instilled in primitive pseudo-animals called Sand Trouts, at the canonical age of 3500 (i.e. in the same way as Leto II in God-Emperor of Dune), or to die of old age, painlessly, with a last satisfied look on my life. I'm not sure which one is more likely....

bendk
05-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Tell me how you want to die,
and I'll tell you who you are.
- E.M. Cioran

Interesting question. There is such a variety of ways to choose from, hm.... It's like going to Baskin-Robbins. I always liked Camus' bit in THE STRANGER about wanting the spectators of his execution to greet him with "howls of execration." Having a righteous position and being torn apart by a frenzied mob might be rewarding. Being stunned and then shot in the head with a bolt gun is the most humane way to go, from what I've read. I liked how Major Kong (Slim Pickins) died in DR. STRANGELOVE, and how James Cagney bought it in ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES; having a noble excuse to act the coward sounds ideal. I wouldn't want to drown or be stabbed. Quicksand is out. Hanging, no; I've seen those photos from the aftermath of the Nuremberg Trials. Plus, there is that whole Owl Creek delusion business that might complicate matters. Lethal injection seems too clinical. The electric chair might be an experience, but one that you couldn't share with anyone afterwards. Torn apart by lions... too christian. Although, like Matt, I have wondered about what it would be like to be chased down and killed by a predatory animal; at least, your death would be integrated into the horrible harmony of nature. I loved how Gabriel Byrne's character reacted when William Blake (Johnny Depp) started shooting at him in the movie DEAD MAN. The way BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID ended looked fun - while it lasted. Maybe by firing squad. I read about this one guy who was executed by firing squad: he was so cool, that they say he hit the ground before the ash from his cigar did; he didn't wear a blindfold either. I wouldn't want a Joan of Arc exit; the sight of kids toasting marshmallows while I screamed in agony might undermine my belief in the sanctity of life. Suicide by cop might be dramatic and newsworthy and provide you with your 15 minutes of fame, if it has been denied to you up to this point. I'd be too pissed off if I was murdered. I definitely wouldn't want to die like the characters in Slawek's Spoorloos. I'm still not sure. I need to look at the menu some more. I'm sure whatever it is, it will be ignominious. Even if it isn't, I've seen a few live autopsies (I was an EMT) where coroners assistants make fun of the corpse anyway. In all fairness, they need to have a quirky sense of humor to keep coming back.

A stream of consciousness post (meaning: I'm too lazy to organize it)

Karnos
05-27-2005, 04:49 AM
I would like to die while having sex with a model! No better way to go than that, my men!

But the truth is, I want to die during sleep. Drift into the void while disconnected of the actual sentient experience.

The Silent One
05-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Tell me how you want to die,
and I'll tell you who you are.
- E.M. Cioran

Interesting question. There is such a variety of ways to choose from, hm.... It's like going to Baskin-Robbins. I always liked Camus' bit in THE STRANGER about wanting the spectators of his execution to greet him with "howls of execration." Having a righteous position and being torn apart by a frenzied mob might be rewarding. Being stunned and then shot in the head with a bolt gun is the most humane way to go, from what I've read. I liked how Major Kong (Slim Pickins) died in DR. STRANGELOVE, and how James Cagney bought it in ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES; having a noble excuse to act the coward sounds ideal. I wouldn't want to drown or be stabbed. Quicksand is out. Hanging, no; I've seen those photos from the aftermath of the Nuremberg Trials. Plus, there is that whole Owl Creek delusion business that might complicate matters. Lethal injection seems too clinical. The electric chair might be an experience, but one that you couldn't share with anyone afterwards. Torn apart by lions... too christian. Although, like Matt, I have wondered about what it would be like to be chased down and killed by a predatory animal; at least, your death would be integrated into the horrible harmony of nature. I loved how Gabriel Byrne's character reacted when William Blake (Johnny Depp) started shooting at him in the movie DEAD MAN. The way BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID ended looked fun - while it lasted. Maybe by firing squad. I read about this one guy who was executed by firing squad: he was so cool, that they say he hit the ground before the ash from his cigar did; he didn't wear a blindfold either. I wouldn't want a Joan of Arc exit; the sight of kids toasting marshmallows while I screamed in agony might undermine my belief in the sanctity of life. Suicide by cop might be dramatic and newsworthy and provide you with your 15 minutes of fame, if it has been denied to you up to this point. I'd be too pissed off if I was murdered. I definitely wouldn't want to die like the characters in Slawek's Spoorloos. I'm still not sure. I need to look at the menu some more. I'm sure whatever it is, it will be ignominious. Even if it isn't, I've seen a few live autopsies (I was an EMT) where coroners assistants make fun of the corpse anyway. In all fairness, they need to have a quirky sense of humor to keep coming back.

A stream of consciousness post (meaning: I'm too lazy to organize it)
So much to agree with, but like Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate, and Coffee/Other to ice cream, Painful, Painless, Slow, and Fast are always the basics.

bendk
05-27-2005, 10:43 PM
"One Neapolitan with sprinkles to go....and never to return."

I have been thinking about it, and I've decided I want to be hit by a meteorite. Not one of those apocalyptic asteroids or anything like that. I want a personal sized one, just for me. I would like to be gazing at the night sky; perhaps, wringing my hands as I ponder the depths of the cosmos...when all of a sudden, I see a shooting star!

I hope it hits me in mid-wish.

The Silent One
05-29-2005, 03:50 PM
"One Neapolitan with sprinkles to go....and never to return."

I have been thinking about it, and I've decided I want to be hit by a meteorite. Not one of those apocalyptic asteroids or anything like that. I want a personal sized one, just for me. I would like to be gazing at the night sky; perhaps, ringing my hands as I ponder the depths of the cosmos...when all of a sudden, I see a shooting star!

I hope it hits me in mid-wish.
"I wish I could get my 15 minutes of fame for something unexpect-" :D .

beakripped
05-30-2005, 09:15 AM
The only thing I'm worried about is the amount of pain I might experience during the transition. Otherwise I want to leave a big mess behind, one people will smell for years; one that will have a peofound impact on the person/s who discovers me.

Has anyone seen Mermaid in a Manhole? That's the kind of mess I want to leave...

Until then, I'll continue to shower compulsovely.

P.

waffles
05-31-2005, 07:22 PM
I don't want to see it coming or know what hit me. On the other hand, there's something appealing about the method of execution chosen by the condemned in Monty Python's Meaning of Life.

yellowish haze
05-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Hey waffles,
I totally agree with you. This type of execution should have been introduced a long time ago. :P

The Silent One
05-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Hey waffles,
I totally agree with you. This type of execution should have been introduced a long time ago. :P
Yippee, execution for inane things being immeasurably interesting :) ...

Doctor Munoz
06-02-2005, 10:41 AM
A painless and sudden death while in a mood of elation so I would die with a seraphic smile on my face. Therefore my corpse would feed those naive expectations on a sweet hereafter and the tunnel of light and all that mythological stuff about charming near-death experiences. Too much reality is no good and I'd love to serve that noble cause of self-deception.
Well, what I really want is to avoid agony and suffering, like everybody else. I never understood that concept of dying with full awareness so you can learn from the alleged wisdom contained in the process. I think these authors don't mean it, they are just paying lip service to a supposedly philosophical courage.

Dr. Bantham
06-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Unless I missed such a post reference, I must add my own preferred death, which would be suicide. Trouble is, as a defense mechanism I have settled into marriage and family, and can not abandon my loved ones. Perhaps some day, when the brood have evolved to self-sufficient marvels of their own destiny and my wife has either given me up for a ghost or opened the doorway for her weary husband, I shall take matters into my own hands and pull the rope taught which binds life and death at each end and finds the man between free and untethered from the dreams that would have otherwise find him undone.

barrywood
06-06-2005, 06:56 PM
My father and mother used to spend all their free time with my father's brother and my father's sister-in-law. You know, camping, gardening, working on cars, movies, stuff like that. The sister-in-law (my aunt) committed suicide first, and then her husband (my aunt) followed the lead. Next was my father. All by gun.

My mother? She's in a nursing home with Alzheimers now. She does not know me, but when I hold her hands they are warm.

The Silent One
06-07-2005, 03:00 PM
My father and mother used to spend all their free time with my father's brother and my father's sister-in-law. You know, camping, gardening, working on cars, movies, stuff like that. The sister-in-law (my aunt) committed suicide first, and then her husband (my aunt) followed the lead. Next was my father. All by gun.

My mother? She's in a nursing home with Alzheimers now. She does not know me, but when I hold her hands they are warm.
Oh, my...

autumnal
06-07-2005, 06:56 PM
I suppose any method will do. I've got no real preferance except that I would prefer to go quickly enough that I don't end up in a hospital with people manipulating my body as it lies inert and dying.

The Silent One
06-08-2005, 12:28 PM
I suppose any method will do. I've got no real preferance except that I would prefer to go quickly enough that I don't end up in a hospital with people manipulating my body as it lies inert and dying.
Amen to that *Glasses of wine plink*.

G. S. Carnivals
02-08-2006, 09:51 PM
I have heretofore avoided this thread. Since the potentially enriching power of denial is empty of benefit in the long run, and offers little more than a withered husk, why not? Why not now?

I used to think that death during sleep would be ideal. Or death during sex. I now wish to die laughing, in full awareness of the situation, my tightly clenched fist imprisoning the very last shred of my human dignity.

The Silent One
02-09-2006, 04:10 PM
I now wish to die laughing, in full awareness of the situation, my tightly clenched fist imprisoning the very last shred of my human dignity.
New concept: Death by freefall while on the substance of my choice (if my end is inevitable, why not something highly dangerous...or just theobromide :)) thinking of a fitting joke. Hence, dying laughing, blasted with adrenalin, and totally oblivious.

P.S. A cyberdose of it for anyone who can tell me what theobromide is the active ingrediant in!

barrywood
02-09-2006, 04:16 PM
The Silent One: Chocolate?

Nemonymous
02-09-2006, 04:40 PM
I suspect the greatest Horror is being alive without being able to be dead, knowing you are alive, imagining you are alive, trapped within the head you have been given for this meaningless or meaningful incarnation as 'you' ... with the double jeopardy of wanting to get out of that head so that you need no longer fear death AND wanting to preserve that head with you in it to avoid death altogether. If that is true, it is the ultimate nightmare of wanting simultaneously to exist and not to exist. Who was it cursed you with this head-trap, this double jeopardy - with no way out at all. Each avenue is the wrong one.

The Silent One
02-09-2006, 09:08 PM
The Silent One: Chocolate?
Oui!

azurehawk
02-16-2006, 07:04 PM
it always good to go with quick and painless....

9mm to the roof of your mouth and you know no more.
as he said let's try to live a good life with friends and love around us suicide is never an option unless you are a quiter. Dont kill yourself. Other people that have have had thier reasons..... let karma sort that out.

Azurehawk

Severini
02-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Most of you will think I am bluffing but I am not:

If I could wish the style of death, I would want the most painful and horrific as possible...and I want my counciousness intact during this moments.Just to keep on saying to myself for the 1st time, with no sign of hypocrisy, that "Everything is gonna be OK".

Dr. Bantham
02-26-2006, 02:53 AM
Climaxing upon the conception of my third child, glimpsing reincarnation at the moment of transition to the next life, leaving behind those that I respect more than myself. Everything will be ok - I am no longer a factor in the equation of life and my last calculation in procreation was a double plus.

Cyril Tourneur
08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Now, this fella knew how to die: http://www.exile.ru/2007-June-29/war_nerd.html
or take Julian Apostata, the last Pagan on the Cesarian throne, his dying words when he was slain by the Persians at the Tigris, were: Now, you have won, Galilean.
(seems that I'm too much spoiled by the classics).
But currently, I would choose the supermodel option as well

Patrick Mullins
08-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I believe if I could answer this question, I would not be typing right now.
Any would really work, I suppose; it seems to be more about the timing than anything else. I would prefer to die happy.
I have always felt that being hit by a car would be the most insulting death possible.

Patrick Mullins
08-30-2007, 05:13 PM
I suspect the greatest Horror is being alive without being able to be dead, knowing you are alive, imagining you are alive, trapped within the head you have been given for this meaningless or meaningful incarnation as 'you' ... with the double jeopardy of wanting to get out of that head so that you need no longer fear death AND wanting to preserve that head with you in it to avoid death altogether. If that is true, it is the ultimate nightmare of wanting simultaneously to exist and not to exist. Who was it cursed you with this head-trap, this double jeopardy - with no way out at all. Each avenue is the wrong one.

Read much Beckett, Mr. Lewis?
He may or may not be writing ghost stories, depending on your reading.

tigris9
12-25-2007, 02:28 AM
My preferred method of death would have to be jumping out of a plane, in the act of skydiving, only to realize to my calm horror that my chute will not open. That would be quite interesting....for a few seconds.

Nemonymous
12-25-2007, 04:23 AM
What would your preferred death be?

A steady state of nothingness, if only to avoid Christmas.

Spotbowserfido2
12-25-2007, 09:30 AM
I have always felt that being hit by a car would be the most insulting death possible.
Indeed. Such a demise would be indicative of my own stupidity and disregard for common sense. It would most likely mean that I did not look both ways before crossing the street...

Spotbowserfido2
12-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Oh, w##f. I neglected to mention my preferred "dog goneness." I am playing a game of frisbee near the white cliffs of Dover. All goes well until I make a tricky catch at the last second and make a sudden acquaintance with the clutch of gravity. Fade to black. Roll credits. No stunt dogs were used in this production. The End.

Ilsa
04-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Slit my throat.
Lots of blood, lots of warmth. Quite sharp.

Cyril Tourneur
04-28-2008, 05:47 PM
two options:

1) classical Seppuko ( you slash your torso with a Wakizashi, while a person whom you trust a 100% is severing your head with a Katana)
2) the death of one of my grandfathers in '44; when he was faced with the outlook to become a soviet POW, he put his Luger in his mouth and blew his brains out

(seems I've answered a second time, although it's just more precise compared to an earlier answer)

Hildred Castaigne
04-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Preferred death would either be by my own hand, before age renders my body/mind irrevocably obsolete(assuming an insidious onset of senility), or the lucid, gradual demise that allows one to be witty and urbane in the midst of one's friends/family and other assorted well-wishers. If I'm still lucid at say, 90, the latter would be ideal. I like the observation from Fight Club; When people think you're dying, they really listen to you instead of just waiting for their turn to speak.

But since I never actually asked to be born, why should I submit to a mortal death? Maybe the Powers That Be(as if) ought to cut me some slack and let me chose the time and manner of my demise, since the whole birth-life-death fiasco was far from being my idea in the first place. Maybe I'd like to stick around for an aeon or three and see if theoretical elemental proton-decay is the real deal.

Dr. Bantham
04-29-2008, 01:10 AM
As a committed suicidal masochist, I have resigned myself to life as my preferred mode of death.

actualwolf
04-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Two ideal forms spring to mind:

a) Dying as a wise old man filled with compassion, surrounded by people I love, in the comfort of my own home.

b) Being stalked, killed, and eaten by a large cat while hiking alone. Such events have happened with increasing frequency in the western US as the exurbs continue to push into the mountain lions turf.

I suppose I could end life a wise old man filled with compassion who is stalked, eaten, and killed by a cougar while hiking---but that seems like asking for too much.

The New Nonsense
05-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Here's one:

How about being pressed to death with rare editions by Ligotti -- piled on, slowly, one by one. What a wonderfully languorous death.

Nemonymous
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Here's one:

How about being pressed to death with rare editions by Ligotti -- piled on, slowly, one by one. What a wonderfully languorous death.

Akin to above, here is an extract from 'Salustrade' by DF Lewis (Year's Best Horror Stories XXII 1994):

The sockets, where his eyes must have rested, pulsed darker than the shadow of his skull. The huddle of books in his aching arms were just another shapeless stranger of black and he wondered which of these books would hold the final suffocating victory over her breath. He strode toward the recumbent figure and carefully placed the books in a makeshift pyramid over her mouth, nose and eyes.

MadsPLP
05-01-2008, 03:53 PM
In I Have A Special Plan for this World, Ligotti lists four. To me, however, it seems there is only one: alone.

Viva June
05-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Quick, of course, and unnoticed. The idea of a "public" death scares me.

Odalisque
05-16-2008, 07:31 AM
Being eaten by a tiger. There would be some satisfaction in thinking that my death was doing a bit of good.

Odalisque
05-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Would you like her to do anything else - either during or shortly before the strangling?

Odalisque
05-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Would you like her to do anything else - either during or shortly before the strangling?

Your lack of perversity disappoints me, considering that you reside in a Turkish harem. "Either during or shortly before the strangling" -- you neglected to mention AFTER the strangling. I have detailed instructions for her.

As Byron wrote: "He went forth with the lovely Odalisques."

And here is a question put forth by the Listener in 1967: "Is the creation of a cubist odalisque 'of consequence', and the devoutly humble production of an ikon not?" Perhaps you can answer that for us all.:)

I'm afraid that there's nothing perverse about me - I'm just plain folks. (In a frisky odalisky way.) And I'm old fashioned enough to think that there's not much to do with strangled corpses apart from filling pies with them. :confused:

Going forth with the lovely odalisques is perennially popular. ;)

Yes - the creation of a cubist odalisque is most certainly of consequence - and the humble production of an ikon is not. Really, I don't know why someone writing in the Listener had to ask so elementary a question. :eek:

I used to read The Listener around 1966 - someone at my university interview told me that I should. We odalisques can be very obedient. :o I'd stopped reading it by 1967 - and must have missed the odalisque edition. :mad:

Bleak&Icy
05-19-2008, 05:44 AM
How would you NOT like to die. The following answer to that question comes from the quick pen of Jonny Swift:

"Not [to] die here in a rage, like a poisoned rat in a hole."

Nemonymous
05-19-2008, 01:10 PM
How would you NOT like to die.

I would not like to die with the knowledge that answering the above question had been entirely futile inasfar as my actual death turns out to be concerned or with the knowledge that it had been equally futile, too, inasfar as today's wish simply to further the fruitfulness of the discussion on this thread was concerned.

Bleak&Icy
05-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Is furthering fruitfulness in the face of one's future death, insofar as this fine thread is concerned, a futile act? I think not.:p

Nemonymous
05-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Is furthering fruitfulness in the face of one's future death, insofar as this fine thread is concerned, a futile act? I think not.:p

I agree.
Exactly my point. I hope my original statement made that clear.

G. S. Carnivals
05-19-2008, 07:34 PM
How would you NOT like to die.
Slowly, painfully, and alone. Win, Place, and Show. The Trifecta, as it were.

Odalisque
05-20-2008, 03:33 PM
A chapter of my novel, on which I've been working today, contains this death:

He started to undress. When he was naked, Lisa-Louise, true to her word, permitted him to retrieve his sword. Then the six of us were dancing the dance of death, our feet booming the rhythm on the wooden floor – Captain Grace hopelessly out of step and failing to graze us, for all of his longer reach. My friends and I formed a near perfect killing machine, with each of us whirling through synchronised steps – it seemed unexpectedly easy.

Our opponent was a mass of gashes – it was impossible to say which of us inflicted which wound, even the major ones. Half of the wretch’s penis flew over my shoulder as I twirled, just beyond its trajectory. Then his right hand, still gripping the sword, went flying in a bloody arc. A few minutes later, he collapsed, probably already dead.

“Mince his face,” said Lisa-Louise. “Mince it good! We can’t risk the blesh butcher recognising him.”

“Blesh butcher?” I asked.

“Yes, a blesh butcher calls to collect the carcasses of mortlings killed in military training[1] (http://www.ligotti.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=9414#_ftn1). That was the main reason I wanted him to undress. I didn’t fancy stripping cloth from the meat myself. In any case, we can’t have fragments of uniform in the wounds – that would be too suspicious[2] (http://www.ligotti.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=9414#_ftn2).”

Each of us helping, the face was soon unrecognisable. Diqui and Barguin collected the body parts that had been severed entirely, and piled them on top of the carcass. Lisa-Louise picked up his cloak, folding it neatly under her arm. Modesty took possession of his boots and the remainder of the uniform.

[1] (http://www.ligotti.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=9414#_ftnref1) Executed criminals (whether killed in military training or otherwise) were regarded as dead slaves – and thus their carcasses were suitable for food use, as blesh. The exception was when someone with personage in absolute was executed. On such occasions, the body was buried.

[2] (http://www.ligotti.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=9414#_ftnref2) Mortlings were usually naked when killed in military training. Occasionally, this was not so – but, had the condemned man served as a soldier, he would certainly not have been allowed to retain his uniform. Lisa-Louise seems to imply that the fibres of a military uniform had distinctive qualities.

Crumbs! I did a copy and paste - and am surprised that it brought up the footnotes, as well as the text. That doesn't happen on other sites.

Anyway - it's another death for people to consider. :D

Russell Nash
08-18-2009, 10:17 PM
A romantic death:

A year and a half after her friend Horacio Quiroga (famous writer) committed suicide in 1937, and haunted by solitude and breast cancer, Storni sent her last poem, Voy a dormir ("I'm going to sleep") to La Nación newspaper. Around 1:00 AM on Tuesday the 25th, Alfonsina left her room and headed towards the sea at the La Perla beach in Mar del Plata, Argentina. Later that morning two workers found her body washed up on the beach. Although her biographers hold that she jumped into the water from a breakwater, popular legend is that she slowly walked out to sea until she drowned.

Alfonsina Storni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I Am Going to Sleep

Teeth of flowers, hairnet of dew,
hands of herbs, you, perfect wet nurse,
prepare the earthly sheets for me
and the down quilt of weeded moss.

I am going to sleep, my nurse, put me to bed.
Set a lamp at my headboard;
a constellation; whatever you like;
all are good: lower it a bit.

Leave me alone: you hear the buds breaking through . . .
a celestial foot rocks you from above
and a bird traces a pattern for you

so you'll forget . . . Thank you. Oh, one request:
if he telephones again
tell him not to keep trying for I have left . . .

Russell Nash
08-18-2009, 10:21 PM
However, if I have to choose (and only if I could) I would detonate a 100 megaton hydrogen bomb, and take everyone in my city along with me. "If I have to go, I go, but... party is over!"

Aeron
08-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Being crushed to death while having relations with an Amazonian woman, or to put it into fewer words.. death by snoo snoo!