PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Fantasy Band

G. S. Carnivals
08-31-2009, 12:06 AM
Imagine... Jimi Hendrix on lead guitar, Keith Moon on drums, Paul McCartney on bass, Keith Richards on backing guitar, Keith Emerson on keyboards, with vocals by Janis Joplin and Roy Orbison.

Spotbowserfido2
12-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Up front, John Lennon - the rock 'n' roll voice. Grace Slick on vocals and tambourine. Jimi Hendrix on lead guitar which is sometimes aflame. Neil Young as an erratic third guitarist. Paul McCartney on bass. Leon Russell on keyboards. Brian Eno on sythesizers and treatments. Keith Moon on drums. In the background are the voices of Janis Joplin, Tina Turner, Nancy Sinatra, and Joe Cocker. They are called The Never Were. I would listen.

EssLab
12-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Speaking of Janis and Roy on vocals, I've posted a couple of links you might enjoy G.S., Nicole Atkins is one of my favorites and vocally has been compared to both these legends (seriously). I've seen her perform uncountable times and I am never disappointed by her. The former is a video of the last show I caught of hers in Brooklyn, NY. Check out 'The Tower' if you have a minute!

http://www.vimeo.com/user2159164/videos/sort:date

http://www.myspace.com/nicoleatkins

Aeron
12-29-2009, 03:48 AM
A giant octopus shaped creature with tentacles attached to drum sticks banging on a variety of drums, its stomach splits open to release a squirming pile of amputated arms scratching away at electric guitars connected to a mess of cords stretching in every direction. Centipede like creatures with keyboards on their backs like armor creep across the floor, as they walk across each other they emit electric synth noise. And twenty foot tall slender figures with legs like sticks and long drooping arms holding giant flutes and horns, their tiny grotesque eyeless long haired heads bloating in the cheeks as they blow weird sound through their instruments.

Sam
12-29-2009, 01:03 PM
A giant octopus shaped creature with tentacles attached to drum sticks banging on a variety of drums, its stomach splits open to release a squirming pile of amputated arms scratching away at electric guitars connected to a mess of cords stretching in every direction. Centipede like creatures with keyboards on their backs like armor creep across the floor, as they walk across each other they emit electric synth noise. And twenty foot tall slender figures with legs like sticks and long drooping arms holding giant flutes and horns, their tiny grotesque eyeless long haired heads bloating in the cheeks as they blow weird sound through their instruments.

If I saw this album cover, I would purchase said album without knowing anything else about it. That sounds unbelievably awesome, both the art and what I imagine to be the sound of a band that would use that imagery. I can only hope this vision is some day realized!

Mr. D.
12-29-2009, 03:16 PM
How about this lineup?drums- Al Jackson, Jr. / electric bass- Donald Dunn / rythm guitar- Steve Cropper / lead guitar- Luther Allison / slide guitar- Hound Dog Taylor / Hammond B3 organ- Booker T. Jones / piano- Leon Russell / lead singers- Otis Redding &Judy Henske / tenor saxophone- Charles "Packy" Axton / saxophone- Don Nix / trumpet- Wayne Jackson / backup vocals- Bonnie Bramlett, Rita Coolidge &Joshie Armstead (one of the original Ikettes). It would be a very blues or rythm and blues oriented band, but this lineup gets my vote. I think that they would play well together.