PDA

View Full Version : How Not To Cheer Yourself Up

Julian Karswell
11-15-2009, 04:13 PM
After a week of spinning-headed flu - which has made it almost impossible for me to read a book because the words keep jumping about - I tried to catch up on some DVD viewing.

Foolishly, I watched 'Threads', a Brit TV drama which I'd somehow managed to miss seeing when it first aired. It disturbed me and has been troubling me for some days now. Then earlier this evening after a little internet hopping I came across this.

YouTube- Chernobyl Legacy

Not the best way to cheer oneself up, I guess. Is it horror? Yes, I suppose so, but that seems to be quite irrelevant.

JK

markwough
12-21-2009, 05:18 AM
Turn on your favourite music and sing! Pull down the shades and dance. Rent a video on belly dancing. If you're in your car, you can still move a little to the music. Go for it! What do you care what other people think? Have fun with it! Sing, dance, play an instrument.

Odalisque
12-21-2009, 06:56 AM
Turn on your favourite music and sing! Pull down the shades and dance. Rent a video on belly dancing. If you're in your car, you can still move a little to the music. Go for it! What do you care what other people think? Have fun with it! Sing, dance, play an instrument.

:) That's the spirit! Well said! There's too much misery in the world.

Nemonymous
12-21-2009, 07:11 AM
Yes, go for it! :)

Artistic misery can be uplifting in its own sweet way, though.
Look at some of the art and literature on TLO, for example.

Odalisque
12-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Artistic misery can be uplifting in its own sweet way, though.

In the spirit of the panto season:

Oh no it isn't!

Odalisque
12-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Inexplicably, there seems to be no thread devoted to seasonal jolliness on this forum. Therefore, I propose to hijack this thread for that purpose. Here's a small start:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=777D5A961DEC2359&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&v=yzK2mdPgxb8

Odalisque
12-22-2009, 07:29 PM
And here's Kylie:

YouTube- Kylie Minogue - Santa Baby performance on totp.

rresmini
12-23-2009, 12:13 PM
A couple years ago while a friend was doing an art internship in Prague he took a trip to Chernobyl. He's completed several paintings from photos he's taken of the site.

http://morgancraig.org/

Some of his work you may find of interest. All the best. Oh, and the Kylie Minogue piece...wow! Stateside she never really exploded as she did elsewhere.

Sam
12-23-2009, 07:36 PM
And here's Kylie:

YouTube- Kylie Minogue - Santa Baby performance on totp. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq6atatcsCQ)

Yes, let's indulge in some Christmas cheer! This is my favorite Kylie track:

YouTube- KYLIE MINOISE LIVE IN COPENHAGEN

Break out the egg nog and festive sweaters!!

Odalisque
12-24-2009, 11:09 AM
The sound's gone on this computer. Probably just the speaker unplugged, but I can't be arsed to sort it out. That clip doesn't look at all like the Kylie I know. And something about the visuals made me glad that I didn't hear the soundtrack.

rresmini
12-24-2009, 02:26 PM
ahahahahaha...

Personally I would love to see Kylie serve up harsh noise and power electronics a la Grey Wolves or Masonna. She probably does know members of SPK.

Odalisque
12-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Well, merry 4 days after Solstice, one and all! :)