PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies

adammark
01-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Well, I would not call "dieting" or "lifestyle changes" necessarily hobbies, but outside of these issues we all share, what else are you interested in?

I like to do some genealogical digging.

I have become more interested in history since my son has been getting older.

As a family, we have enjoyed going out and exploring our home state. You never know when you may have to relocate and wonder "I wish I had done that while I lived there".

I also like to scrapbook. I am a bit behind but I still have my things organized and ready to pick up where I left off.

Odalisque
01-19-2010, 11:13 AM
I like to walk in the forest. I recently bought a pair of these boots for the purpose:

Womens Blue Brown Fish Festival Ladies Wellies Wellington Boots: Amazon.co.uk: Shoes Accessories

Stylish as well as waterproof!

One of my more major interests is ancient Egypt. But I have numerous interests including vexillology.

Odalisque
01-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Hmmm... I thought that would reproduce a picture of the boots, but it didn't... This should do the trick:

http://www.ligotti.net/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=1862

:)

Ligeia
01-20-2010, 03:26 AM
Love those boots dear Pet!

Odalisque
01-20-2010, 05:32 AM
Love those boots dear Pet!

Thank you, lovely Ligeia. :)

They are good, aren't they? And just the thing for sploshing through a soggy forest. :):)

Ligeia
01-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Sploshing through the forest with boots that have fish on them!Lovely again!:D

Sam
01-20-2010, 07:29 AM
I am interested in cryptozoology and related areas of research. I don't read as extensively as I used to, but I still try to keep up with new findings in the field. Fascinating stuff!

Odalisque
01-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Sploshing through the forest with boots that have fish on them!Lovely again!:D

The forest has been very soggy since the snow and ice melted.

The bright blue colour, and the fish, make sploshing an activity of which one can be proud. (And add an extra layer of enjoyment.) Who would want plain black boots? :D

Aeron
01-21-2010, 05:52 AM
My biggest hobby is researching for and posting on Monster Brains - MONSTER BRAINS (http://www.monsterbrains.blogspot.com)

Mr Twist
02-17-2010, 06:35 AM
I am a flat track roller derby referee in training. And I drink too much. The two don't really mix though.

They count as hobbies, right?

phantasmagoria
02-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I enjoy cooking and drinking. Hiking is also fun...I somehow managed to get to the top of Half-Dome in Yosemite last summer without dying or falling off. And of course, reading.

Dr. Locrian
02-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Firstly, I love Yosemite (have been there a few times thanks to a sister who lives in California). Roller derby and drinking ain't half bad either (though I've done none of the former and all too little recently of the latter).

I have been absolutely obsessed with genealogy for a couple of years now, and I have discovered many disturbing and wonderful things such as:
my grandfather—who I never knew—murdered a man in a bar brawl, was imprisoned for the deed, and was sprung by his wealthy parents who in fact blew just about their whole fortune paying off the corrupt, local lawmen. My grandfather got off scott free, as they say.
I am almost certainly related to H.P. Lovecraft—specifically we share a great (x9 for me) grandfather by the name of Mikel Phillips (from Lovecraft’s maternal line) who lived in Newport, RI in the 17th century.

The New Nonsense
02-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Hobbies... Wow. Where to start!?!

Off the top of my head:

Collecting rare books (mostly horror and the occult)
Collecting/growing orchids
Home brewing
Studying magick, the occult, and various paranormal topics
Researching local folklore
Adding never-ending improvements to my home tiki-bar, The Headhunter's Hideaway
I'm a member of a paintball team
In the spring I enjoy hunting for morel mushrooms

yellowish haze
09-16-2010, 10:25 AM
The last time I wanted to contribute to this thread I seemed to have more hobbies.:eek: Anyway, here is a couple of my favourite hobbies I still manage to find time for:

Collecting and reading rare books (currently mostly weird fiction)
Creating Anaglyphs
Collecting scans of vintage stereographic cards
Watching films (mostly horror)
Aimless walking
Researching family history and genealogy