PDA

View Full Version : Animal choice.

barrywood
10-18-2005, 06:57 PM
If I could be any animal, I would like to be a great white whale and swim in the ocean. I think it would be awesome to be so large and to toss and turn in the great waves of the ocean.

And yourself? What animal would you like to be, and why?

G. S. Carnivals
10-18-2005, 07:48 PM
A giant squid. Until a few weeks ago they have eluded photographic portraits. Oh, to be so big, so hungry, so mysterious....

The Silent One
10-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Something wolven. Second choice is a cat.

ElHI
10-21-2005, 02:29 AM
Something parasitic, ugly and really revolting (not very different from the present situation ;)) : a tapeworm or something like that...

waffles
10-22-2005, 12:21 PM
A killer whale, so that I may be closer to natural home - the South pole.

If not that, then a hyrax - they lie in the sun all day and make great noises.

I read somewhere that there is homosexuality in the animal kingdom, but I wonder if there is existential dread or misanthropy (or whatever you would call it fo rthe animal kingdom).

barrywood
10-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Galahs are supposedly 44% gay. I don't know for sure but here's a picture of them:

[web:d7fdc5daa5]http://australasia.freewebsitehosting.com/Pink_Galahs.jpg[/web:d7fdc5daa5]

Galahs are from Australia I think.

The Silent One
10-22-2005, 11:32 PM
No existential dread, but, yes, homosexuals. [Liberal ranting. HYAH!] One reason why Bush's conception of marraige is saturated with quasi-religious dementia. Damn it, George, half the conservatives must be gay. (Or sadists, in his cabinet ;).) Get a grip! Plus, with you economic policies, your not even a right-winger! You're just nuts![/Liberal ranting. HYAH!] However, I think Cioran's right on the money with what we call consciousness: Animals are smart enough not to be morbid. At least, blissfully naive enough.

Spotbowserfido2
11-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Animals are smart enough not to be morbid. At least, blissfully naive enough.
As one who knows, I wouldn't be so sure, TSO. I'm currently contemplating the composition of a poem on the subject of a dog/automobile interaction. As for an animal choice, I'm pretty comfortable with what I am. (Perversely, though, I'd choose to be a human along the lines of Sammy Davis Jr.)

I gotta be me,
Rover

simon p. murphy
11-06-2006, 09:06 PM
I think the animal I am most like in my current state is a mole, since I'm extremely timid and tend to spend a lot of time organising my living-space almost as a perpetual excuse to avoid social situations.

The animal I'd most like to be, however, is probably cymothoa exigua or 'tongue-eating louse' which is a fish parasite that eats and then functionally replaces a fishes tongue. Kind of cute, in a bulbous, beady-eyed way.

Karnos
11-06-2006, 10:41 PM
A pig so I could have a 30 minutes long orgasm 8)

All jokes aside, I would like to be a wild wolf of the woods. There's something very romantic and mystical about it.

candy
11-09-2006, 09:01 AM
I thought long and hard on this one. I would love to be a bear. I can eat all I want. I can sleep all winter. If the kids step out of line you just swat them. Yep, I'd be a bear.

SwansSoilMe/SwansSaveMe
11-09-2006, 09:28 PM
A koala bear. So damned cute the whole world is sending you love vibes but ain't gotta do a damn thing but climb trees and eat and make sweet luv. And create more cuties. But we'd have to be protected from poachers, oh yes.