PDA

View Full Version : Painful ways to be murdered

barrywood
03-15-2006, 09:34 AM
I think being stabbed would be the most painful way to be murdered. That first plunge of an ice-cold blade ripping into my flesh. And then slashing into the soft tissues of my adam's apple and face, especially around the eyes.

What do you think would be a painful way to be murdered?

Nemonymous
03-15-2006, 10:03 AM
To wake up from the nightmare of life that I had assumed to be a dream to discover not relief but nothing at all. The murder would be the act of being 100% convinced (by whatever external force of convincing) that the enforced anticipation of that form of waking up a few seconds before I actually wake up to find my enforced anticipation was indeed about to be borne out.
des

Nemonymous
03-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Sorry, Barry, I just realised that what I just said makes no sense at all!
des

Dr. Bantham
03-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Sorry, Barry, I just realised that what I just said makes no sense at all!Thanks for the update, des. I kept thinking that if I read it one more time I could follow the logic. Then again, maybe getting lost in the mirror cycle of life/dream/murder/rebirth was your subconscious intent. For me, the mood conveyed was evocative of a panic attack on an existential level.

barrywood
03-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Thanks, des. I thought it must make sense but it doesn't. And if I read it one more time....

G. S. Carnivals
03-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Barry,

No method is pleasant or preferable. Slow vivisection has to be my number one selection for my own most painful murder. (I never thought that I'd type a statement like that.) What a gruesome way to go. Messy, too.

The Dead Guy (At Least He's Pieceful Now)

unknown
03-15-2006, 11:22 PM
I think being eaten alive would be rather unpleasant

The Silent One
03-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Fire, bad LSD, a blunt axe, asphyxiation, flaying, needles, a nice rusty razor...

Some combination of those.

The New Nonsense
03-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Ha. Good to know we can always count on Barry to bring out the cheerful topics ;)

I'd have to say the most painful way to snuff it, in my opinion, would to be murdered by some one you trust or a loved one. Imagine the bitter cocktail of pain and utter disbelief! The last word to pass your lips or flash across your brain would be simply, "Why?".

unknown
03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
I think my last word, if that were to happen, would be "Asshole"...or something of the sort. But "Why?" would definitely be said at some point during those last moments

The Silent One
04-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Or how about by everyone you trust? (One or two for some...)

unknown
04-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Et tu Brute?

Karnos
05-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Most painful? Being eaten alive by a pack of wild hungry dogs with rabies... A friend of mine was practically mutilated whole by a single dog years ago (he's still recovering) and he tells horror stories about it.... and we're talking about an ordinary "civilized" dog who just went ape#### on him.

That or being lectured on 19th century post colonial social studies, whatever variety of pain you find of your fancy :wink:

dekadent666
08-25-2006, 12:07 AM
I've always sympathized with victims of brutal stabbings myself. I cannot imagine the physical pain of a knife tearing through your flesh. Wow, I just really psyched myself up for the day!

The Silent One
09-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Most painful? Being eaten alive by a pack of wild hungry dogs with rabies... A friend of mine was practically mutilated whole by a single dog years ago (he's still recovering) and he tells horror stories about it.... and we're talking about an ordinary "civilized" dog who just went ape#### on him.

Wow. That's a tad surreal. If you rule out Mi-Go and the Whateleys, that's just plain weird.

Mr. D.
09-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Maybe I'm very different from most of the other members of this website but No work of fictional or theatrical horror even matched my reading of a popular history on the battle of Verdun in France in the First World War. In an area only 47 square miles in size (That's the size of the city of San Francisco) millions of men killed each other for almost a year. Over a million men died and several million others were wounded - some horribly. I think that more than any painful way to die that the situation at Verdun, where all around you were murdered daily by artillery and machine guns month after month, season after season, is by far the worst possible. Sometimes it is much worse to stay alive.