THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK

THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK (https://www.ligotti.net/index.php)
-   Mark Samuels (https://www.ligotti.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   mark samuels (https://www.ligotti.net/showthread.php?t=5911)

weird beard 12-23-2011 03:23 PM

mark samuels

forgive me if this topic is posted elsewhere. i am relatively ignorant and gun shy of online forums. i just wondered if anyone has heard of any upcoming work by mark samuels? his work is, like simon strantzas, quentin s. crisp, etc., deeply moving to me. this post is the equivalent of an addict's trembling hand reaching for a fix...

Corman 12-23-2011 04:36 PM

Re: mark samuels

From Jerad Walters' recent Centipede Press email update:

Quote:

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

S.T. Joshi and I are working on a Lovecraft-themed anthology called "A Mountain Walked." In this anthology we have work by Ted Klein, Thomas Ligotti, Mearle Prout, C. Hall Thompson, T.C. Boyle, Walter C. DeBill, Jr., Wilum Pugmire, Neil Gaiman and others, as well as NEW fiction by Joseph S. Pulver, Sr., Donald Tyson, Cody Goodfellow, Caitlín Kiernan, Laird Barron, Jeff Vandermeer, Mark Samuels, Rhys Hughes, Gemma Files, Quentin Crisp and Lois Gresh, among others.

weird beard 12-24-2011 05:39 PM

that is very exciting news. many thanks for this.

mark_samuels 12-25-2011 01:52 PM

Re: the Lovecraft anthology. It's not a new story from me, it's an old story called "A Gentleman from Mexico". That description from A Mountain Walked is a bit misleading, but I've not seen it before now.

What new fiction I've written (well, the next three tales anyway) will be appearing in the Sacrum Regnum journal and in Dan Ghetu's Bruno Schulz tribute.

Mark S.

Corman 12-27-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_samuels (Post 74385)
Re: the Lovecraft anthology. It's not a new story from me, it's an old story called "A Gentleman from Mexico". That description from A Mountain Walked is a bit misleading, but I've not seen it before now.

Ah, well. Considering that "A Gentlemen from Mexico" is a delightful metatextual satire in the style of TED Klien's "Black Man with A Horn", it'll be nice to have them together in one volume.

Quote:

What new fiction I've written (well, the next three tales anyway) will be appearing in the Sacrum Regnum journal and in Dan Ghetu's Bruno Schulz tribute.

Mark S.
Is there a tentative publication date yet for the first issue of Sacrum Regnum?

mark_samuels 01-03-2012 06:12 PM

I don't know. Dan Corrick is the Sacrum Regnum prime mover. I sort of follow along in his wake.

Best
Mark S.

mark_samuels 05-17-2012 07:41 PM

The Mad Monarchist: Warning

I think this pretty much sums up my view of late. Perhaps this might glide past the moderating force when it comes to the approval of new threads, a development I wasn't previously aware of here ..

Nothing in the way of criticism implied. It's just a check I wasn't aware of having encountered before.

Mark S.

Dr. Bantham 05-17-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_samuels (Post 80061)
The Mad Monarchist: Warning

I think this pretty much sums up my view of late. Perhaps this might glide past the moderating force when it comes to the approval of new threads, a development I wasn't previously aware of here ..

Nothing in the way of criticism implied. It's just a check I wasn't aware of having encountered before.

Mark S.

Mark,

For clarification, your previous post was automatically cued for moderation as it was posted to the Website News sub-forum, which should likely be changed to TLO news, as it is tied to the home page index to announce special events or issues. The same rule applies to Ligotti News, but not Other News. This often creates confusion, but it is in place to prevent inappropriate content from appearing on the home page as news announcements.

rhysaurus 05-18-2012 04:09 AM

Ooh, Baron von Ungern-Sternberg!

I wrote a 'comedy' piece about him many years ago. Here it is:
The Bloody Baron

In the wake of this, I had many emails from people claiming to be members of various sects devoted to re-establishing monarchy around the world, to uniting Europe and Asia into a single country ruled by a king, to winning indepence for the 'lost' country of Tannu Tuva and turning it into a militaristic Buddhist theocracy, etc, etc.

Wacky people! But interesting, certainly...

mark_samuels 05-19-2012 07:43 PM

Thank you.

More opium, less thought, methinks.

Mark S.