THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK

THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK (https://www.ligotti.net/index.php)
-   Website News (https://www.ligotti.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Thomas Ligotti Online - Seventeenth Anniversary (https://www.ligotti.net/showthread.php?t=9353)

Dr. Bantham 02-06-2015 06:59 PM

Thomas Ligotti Online - Seventeenth Anniversary

On February 4th, 1998, Jon Padgett (aka Dr. Locrian) unleashed a horrific vision upon this world. THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE was created to champion the greatest living horror/weird fiction writer. Many thanks must be extended to Jon for his initiative and effort to bring the Ligottian world to those receptive - yet hidden within the mindless masses. He has undoubtedly introduced countless readers to Tom's work and hand laid the foundations for the community herein. A tip of the surgeon's cap to you, Jon!

Mad Madison 02-06-2015 07:20 PM

Re: Thomas Ligotti Online - Seventeenth Anniversary

We're forever in your debt, good Dr. If not for you're efforts over these seventeen years, we would have neither the privilege nor the pleasure of calling this small isle of misfits our virtual home.

mark_samuels 02-06-2015 07:27 PM

We really love you Jon, and you don't deserve all the grief we put you through. Well, me and my trouble-making, anyway.

Mark S.

Druidic 02-06-2015 07:34 PM

Yes, TLO was a Monster of an accomplishment--and It Lives still! Great Work!

dr. locrian 02-06-2015 09:13 PM

Ye gods! I had forgotten! Thanks, everyone

And many thanks to Dr. Bantham's brilliant design and work. You literally made TLO what it is today.

This is certainly the most exciting year of TLO I can remember. And I'm humbled by the breadth and depth of our members' knowledge and insight. This is a community the likes of which I could've never imagined all those years ago.

Finally, thanks to Ligotti himself as always. So pleased the literary world is beginning to truly recognize the singular brilliance of the man and his work.

waffles 02-06-2015 09:21 PM

Eternally grateful.

ramonoski 02-06-2015 10:37 PM

Both Dr.'s deserve all this gratitude and more for creating and maintaining this brilliant little community. As does Thomas Ligotti, who is seldom seen but ever present, ever permeating every thread and thought expressed in this forum (most of them, at least). Hats off to you gentlemen.

Mad Madison 02-06-2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramonoski (Post 110683)
Both Dr.'s deserve all this gratitude and more for creating and maintaining this brilliant little community. As does Thomas Ligotti, who is seldom seen but ever present, ever permeating every thread and thought expressed in this forum (most of them, at least). Hats off to you gentlemen.

Well said, good sir.

miguel1984 02-07-2015 08:06 PM

A big THANK YOU to all those who maintain and run TLO. I found it to be a place where I could say things I wasn't able to share with anyone else offline or online, and for that I am extremely and eternally grateful. Happy birthday!

Michael 02-10-2015 09:04 PM

This site has made a profound difference in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you. My life would be less if this did not exist.