View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011   #50
MadsPLP
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 61,944, Level: 100 Points: 61,944, Level: 100 Points: 61,944, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%
Send a message via MSN to MadsPLP
Re: Your favourite song at the moment..

Quote Originally Posted by Viva June View Post
The case for prosecuting the entire neofolk scene is pretty weak, but there is no denying that some bands have done their best to rouse suspicion. When your logo is an SS-style Totenkopf, you can hardly be surprised that people start asking questions. If similar misunderstandings happen again and again, then maybe there is a lesson or two to be learned about proper communication.
No doubt about that; when you're playing with fire, you might get burnt. And justly so.

It's not the asking of questions - it's more the lack of willingness to aknowledge that aesthetics does not necessarily influence one's political views.

What irritates me is most of all that a lot of the criticism is generated by hearsay without any smoking gun. For instance, one hears constantly that some member No Remorse played with Wakeford, but I have never seen any proof of that - it's just a rumour that's been recirculated over and over again.

And I also believe that the left wing should focus more on the actual politicians in power, instead of a musical phenomenon which has a few thousand followers, and is unlikely to have ever influenced anyone politically.
MadsPLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Brendan Moody (05-16-2011)