Points: 16,472, Level: 88 Points: 16,472, Level: 88 Points: 16,472, Level: 88
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
Re: The Experimental Fiction Depository

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana In Karma View Post
Quote Originally Posted by In A Dark Light View Post
Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
Quote Originally Posted by In A Dark Light View Post
I might as well start us off. Here's a piece from the aforementioned Joseph S Pulver, 'The Unmistakeable Shape of Night's River'.

The Unmistakable Shape of Nights River, by Joseph S. Pulver, Sr. | Lovecraft eZine
This is a good example of the type of experimental fiction that leaves me cold, and I am partial to stream of consciousness fiction when handled in a certain way. I wish the author well as at least they're trying, but I found that irritating to finish reading, and all I got from it was the impression the writer really wanted to impress people and let them know how hip and with it they are, but it came across as sort of.. hollow and embarrassing to me?

Perhaps I'm more conservative than I realised, but I like it when Justin Isis attempts similar material.
I've come across Justin Isis work before, though I've never actually read any. The titles of his work suggest something within the realms of 'Bizarro', which is a genre I can't get along with, even though I enjoy the experimental. Is his work actually in this line, or should I give him a shot?
Justin Isis doesn't do bizarro. His work is more in tune with Japanese Modernists, French Decadents and New Wave SF authors.

You should read him. He is an important writer.
I shall add him to my reading list.
In A Dark Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Justin Isis (05-11-2017)