Old 05-15-2017   #2
Speaking Mute
Chymist
Quotes: 0
Points: 12,806, Level: 78 Points: 12,806, Level: 78 Points: 12,806, Level: 78
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: The Big Screen vs The Small Screen

My girlfriend and I used to go see a lot of movies in the theater, but over the last few years we've maybe only seen four or five - Phoenix Forgotten, of all films, being the one that somehow lured us back since It Follows.

I've never watched much regular or cable TV - I subscribe to Shudder, which in the last two years has been 75% of my viewing. Shudder has a pretty wide range - speaking of Wheatley, I recently watched both Kill List and A Field in England through them - and unlike its rival Frightpix doesn't have the commercials, which I think is well worth the six or seven bucks a month:

https://www.shudder.com/

I find Netflix's recommendations useless - given the complete disconnect what I actually watch and rate on Netflix and what Netflix recommends, I'm either an outlier for their algorithm or the entire setup is just a marketing ploy. That said, I do like Stranger Thing and the reboot of MST3K, and did recently watch The Windmill there, although I only discovered it through scrolling looking for a throw away slasher.
Speaking Mute is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Thanks From:
bendk (05-15-2017), miguel1984 (05-15-2017), ToALonelyPeace (05-16-2017), waffles (05-15-2017)