Knygathin
Chymist
Quotes: 0
Points: 12,153, Level: 76 Points: 12,153, Level: 76 Points: 12,153, Level: 76
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Activity: 75% Activity: 75% Activity: 75%
Re: Robert Aickman

Quote Originally Posted by Knygathin View Post
The only story I recognize from my three "classic neophyte collections" (The Wine-Dark Sea, Painted Devils, and Cold Hand in Mine) is "Marriage".
Hmm, Compulsory Games seems like a very nice volume, ... and I don't want to sound negative, but ... I don't think I will buy it. Because I will not realistically find time to read, and re-read, these stories. I am a slow reader, and already have too many unread volumes in my library. This one would likely remain standing on the shelf. I try hard to avoid the habit of buying more books than I can actually read, to keep things sensible. And several other favorite authors await my attention.

The only stories I urgently would like to add to my three (rather well-rounded) Aickman collections, are "Wood" and "The Unsettled Dust". Preferably not in books full of other stories. Perhaps they eventually become available as ebook files. But until then their possible literary events tease and stir my imagination and curiousity, ... which is not a bad thing.
Knygathin is offline   Reply With Quote