Acolyte
Quotes: 0
Points: 7,173, Level: 59 Points: 7,173, Level: 59 Points: 7,173, Level: 59
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Bands You've Seen

Hi all,

I've seen quite a lot but three stand out:

Kraftwerk-London 1980 (amazing visuals for the time, perfect sound and they really seemed to enjoy it, grooving around on stage and having fun).

Nurse With Wound- San Francisco 2009. We had only found out about it two days before and sprinted from a family meal to get there just in time. Once again, amazing simple visuals and a slow drift/loop.

Throbbing Gristle - London 2009 (a good year for gigs I notice!). I had seen them before in the very olden days and am wary about seeing bands you liked then 'revived', but I found the first night surprisingly poignant in its delivery and once again the whole group seemed on good form.

I see far less nowadays. Bands like Nick Cave (I saw the Birthday Party way back when- they seemed full of themselves but very dynamic), are just too expensive but there is a good weird music scene here and I see Zoviet France whenever I can. There are always some beautiful moments in them - they once gave the audience a speaker to pass around near the end of one gig, just gently pulsing with sound. It was handled like a chalice. That was a good moment. You just can't get that watching youtube clips...

J
Siderealpress is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Thanks From:
ChildofOldLeech (03-24-2016), miguel1984 (03-24-2016), njhorror (03-24-2016), Shadow Puppet (02-20-2018)