View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016   #487
ChildofOldLeech
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 58,282, Level: 100 Points: 58,282, Level: 100 Points: 58,282, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
Re: What Makes You Laugh?

ClickHoles Definitive Guide To Couching | ClickHole – Because all content deserves to go viral

7 Times A Video Game Character Stopped What They Were Doing, Came To The Edge Of The TV Screen, And Begged Me To Share My Snacks With Them

1. Recently, I broke out an old copy of Ken Griffey Jr.’s Slugfest, only to find the video-game version of The Kid himself threatening me with his bat if I didn’t share my bowl of ice cream with him. It wasn’t until I smeared some against the screen that he grew sated and went back to hitting dingers.

3. I shouldn’t have been surprised that a character whose sole purpose is to devour everything in his path would eventually ask for something to eat, but it was still pretty jarring to see Pac-Man turn right toward me and scream what brand of popcorn he wanted me to buy him.

4. The dog in Duck Hunt has stopped laughing at me when I miss the ducks. Now, he just stares out at me expectantly, and every 10 minutes or so, he whispers, “Just a few chips. Something. Anything.” The game isn’t as fun anymore.

6. I was playing Mario Kart on N64 when Luigi hopped off his go-kart, looked me right in the eye, and told me he’d die of hunger if I didn’t give him a snack. I felt bad, and even though I looked like an idiot, I tried to help him out by putting my pretzels up to the TV screen. Nothing happened. When I told him I was sorry, he just kept staring. After a while, I unplugged the TV, but the image wouldn’t disappear from the screen. There Luigi was, in my living room, getting a little gaunter and paler day after day until my dad eventually threw the TV away.

"When a man is born. . .there are nets flung at (his being) to hold it back from flight. You talk to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly by those nets." - James Joyce
ChildofOldLeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
miguel1984 (03-31-2016)