Old 12-04-2014   #45
SpookyDread
Mystic
Threadstarter
Quotes: 0
Points: 13,545, Level: 80 Points: 13,545, Level: 80 Points: 13,545, Level: 80
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Literary Criticism hermeneutics, Magnetics Metrics and Pneumatological Scholarshi

the Vimuttimagga , masterpiece of the occult . There is no better book than this on occultism. Yeah this is the one that got destroyed huh guess why . Buddhist monastery probably have TONS of texts like this that they don't want -out- and this one got out. and they've been since trying to downplay how important the english translation of this text is. as someone with an interest in like True Pure Land Shin Buddhism , reiki.. etc.. it upsets me that people don't know of this . I never done reiki but I might as well be a covert Shin ninja as far as what my interests are. and it upsets me that people aren't even really familiar with how and why Shin is covert. I am so ninja that I did simile of the bath attendant and out-ninja's my own self. yes . \/ I know how to sniff out ninjas. Wraiths. I know you. Don't think I don't know.

This podcast on Covert Shin, excellent, explains how reiki is supposed to be covert and what they do, how gnostic/Christian it is, etc

On a fascinating journey that takes us from Shinran’s thirteenth-century admonition of his eldest son for claiming to possess secret teachings, to a twenty-first-century covert Shin leader who worries about the dwindling number of adherents, we hear of secret caves in southern Kyushu used for clandestine worship, dietary proscriptions of chicken and milk, punishment of covert Shin members in northeastern Japan (ranging from promises to abandon covert Shin to crucifixion), and a covert Shin group whose members associated themselves with the Kūyadō and became ordained Tendai Buddhist priests in order to deflect suspicion. In addition, through access to groups that few scholars have been granted, Chilson describes in detail many of the initiation rituals and teachings at the center of certain covert Shin groups, all the while addressing the ethical dilemmas that researchers studying secret groups face. This book will be of particular interest to those researching or interested in Jōdo shin shū (Japanese True Pure Land Buddhism), secrecy in religion, secret societies, Edo-period regulation of religious groups, modern Japanese religion, and religious identity.

Even Buddhaghosa did not really believe that Theravada practice could lead to Nirvana. His Visuddhimagga is supposed to be a detailed, step by step guide to enlightenment. And yet in the postscript [...] he says he hopes that the merit he has earned by writing the Vishuddhimagga will allow him to be reborn in heaven, abide there until Metteyya (Maitreya) appears, hear his teaching and then attain enlightenment.

the Graveyard austerity is really effective. Entreat and don't push.

it's really a meditation manual about entreating possession

everything in it relies on sacrificing your self, whether for initiation - the self loss- meant for possession and buffering your vehicle. or for purification , it's loss, it's about being scattered to the Winds.

Has Ligotti ever cited this or talked about it I don't remember.

consider Korean buddhism is very quiet , secluded, mountain shamanism . it… fits this text, more than other popular texts on buddhism. which is how i know to trust it ( that korean sincerity )

Hermit Kingdom

consider that shamanism , and their shamanism being totally dark to the core , vampiric, and totally psychotic, joined with buddhism, is very Japanese.. and consider these two going together in important ways. and see also Vietnamese sorcery, though unfortunately they're vegetarian. i can't seem to gather if they're geomancers or sorcerers. koreans are not vegetarian. neither are anglicans.
SpookyDread is offline   Reply With Quote