View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005   #1
barrywood
Chymist
Quotes: 0
Points: 24,864, Level: 100 Points: 24,864, Level: 100 Points: 24,864, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Who is the most scariest person you've met in person?

Throughout our lives, we meet many people. Who is the most scariest person you've met in person?

Mine is this: I was walking along Summer Street, in Halifax, in my early 20s when this man approached me late one night. It was foggy and he was dressed all in black. He stopped abruptly in front of me on the lonely street and looked at me with rat-like eyes. He asked me where I lived. I told him I lived on a certain street, curious as to why a stranger would ask such a question.

I don't know why, as my heart was beatly like mad, as I thought perhaps he had a big knife under his black coat and was going to slash me, but I asked him the same question. "In there," he said, pointing toward old cemetery gates. It was a huge graveyard with thousands of tombstones. "In the ground."

I trembled, the hairs on the back of my neck perking up and brushing against the collar of my shirt. I told him I had to be going. I walked passed him and then quickened my pace, glancing back twice to see him just standing there, but looking my way.

A few weeks later I walked by the graveyard again at midnight and I thought for sure I saw the same man standing on a gravestone holding an axe up over his head. My imagination playing tricks on me? Perhaps. But then perhaps not. I think I ran all the way home that night.

My story NOWHERE TO GO was published by PS PUBLISHING in a book titled POSTSCRIPTS #14 in England in 2008. Let me know if you've read it. I self-published eight short stories on audio-cassette in 1999 titled, fittingly, BARRY WOOD'S SHORT STORIES. And a few other short stories in little obscure publications -- which I forget their titles.
barrywood is offline   Reply With Quote