SpookyDread
Mystic
Quotes: 0
Points: 13,545, Level: 80 Points: 13,545, Level: 80 Points: 13,545, Level: 80
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Off the radar metal album recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Adam Gilmour View Post
I don't think there's anything awful about Devil Doll but I fully understand why people would find them ridiculous. But I think Sacrilegium and Dies Irae are some of the greatest music I've ever heard. My Devil Doll phase was pure magic. I'd put them alongside any great band; I love them just as much as Slowdive, Swans, Lycia, Trance To The Sun, Beach Boys, Yes, Emperor, early Jacula/Antonius Rex and early Red House Painters.

I'd describe it as Peter Hammill possessed by the ghost of the actor Dwight Frye in a symphonic prog/classical journey into the aesthetic of old gothic and expressionist horror films.

I saw an interview with one of his bandmates and even he doesn't know where Mr Doctor gets the money for those orchestras and choirs. Apparently he has one of the biggest record collections in Italy.
I pray that they release more music someday because he said that he still records albums for his own pleasure. But that could just be a falsehood to cultivate the mysterious image of the band.
Yeah for anyone interested in weird bands, this is the weird band to end all weird bands.

He's actually since given out his real name (people apparently know who he is). Besides this, he wrote a massive door stop book on punk music called 45 Revolutions .
SpookyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Robert Adam Gilmour (09-08-2014)