View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008   #7
matt cardin
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 78,476, Level: 100 Points: 78,476, Level: 100 Points: 78,476, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
Re: THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE - Eleventh Anniversary

Am I too late to the party to add my own support these many months later? Sorry, I've been mostly out of touch for awhile. But I was around and involved in the late 90s when Jon created TLO. In fact, as I've mentioned before, it was in part my own newbie uber-enthusiasm for Tom's work that led Jon, a longtime Ligotti enthusiast, to execute his long-held Special Plan of creating a Ligotti Website soon after he and I met through the newsgroup alt.horror.cthulhu and began discovering a positively spooky number of synchronicities between our respective lives and personalities. (Of course, first came the much-beloved alt.books.thomas-ligotti, also created by Jon, which served for a year or two as a kind of preparatory exercise for the full Web presence.)

So the launch of TLO corresponded both chronologically and thematically with my own launch into Ligotti-dom. This being the case, the site has always felt like a second home to me.

It's amazing to see what the place has become in the masterful hands of first Jon and now you, Brian.
matt cardin is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Thanks From:
Aetherwing (09-27-2008), candy (09-27-2008), Daisy (09-28-2008), G. S. Carnivals (09-27-2008), Jezetha (09-27-2008)