View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005   #1
barrywood
Chymist
Quotes: 0
Points: 24,864, Level: 100 Points: 24,864, Level: 100 Points: 24,864, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
"Video Test" of "Cat with Hands"

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!

Dr. Bantham has posted "Cat with Hands" in the "Video Test" section and I've find it absolutely disturbing. It's short, but definitely not sweet.

I found the scene where the funny-eyed boy reaches out to cautiously pat the cat is most alarming. Perhaps the reaching out tenderly to touch a loving animal? How many children (and adults) would have tried to pat the cat?

I have an awful fear of cats and I wouldn't have patted that cat for sure. I found the whole movie, however, chilling. I've never seen anything like it. No wonder I slept with a light on last night. And of course it rained hard and the wind slapped my bedroom window.

I wonder what year that movie was made. Anyone have any history about the film itself?

What is your opinion on "Cats with Hands"?

My story NOWHERE TO GO was published by PS PUBLISHING in a book titled POSTSCRIPTS #14 in England in 2008. Let me know if you've read it. I self-published eight short stories on audio-cassette in 1999 titled, fittingly, BARRY WOOD'S SHORT STORIES. And a few other short stories in little obscure publications -- which I forget their titles.
barrywood is offline   Reply With Quote