View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016   #4
Mr. Veech
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 22,558, Level: 100 Points: 22,558, Level: 100 Points: 22,558, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Richard Gavin interview at The Plutonian

Quote Originally Posted by Siderealpress View Post
Hi all,

yes a great interview and an interesting reading list. Rampo and Heym are perhaps the lesser known but superb writers. I think many on the list might like Heym especially for his incredible imagination and bleakness.
There is a cheap p/b (still in print) that collects all his known tales; it's one of my favourite books of all time.
I reviewed it here:

http://siderealpressxtras.blogspot.c...d-with-my.html
J
It's actually depressing to know that there are a number of excellent writers out there who easily go unnoticed. Writing in general requires great sacrifice. I'd even go so far as to say that the cost is one's own personal happiness.

"In a less scientific age, he would have been a devil-worshipper, a partaker in the abominations of the Black Mass; or would have given himself to the study and practice of sorcery. His was a religious soul that had failed to find good in the scheme of things; and lacking it, was impelled to make of evil itself an object of secret reverence."

~ Clark Ashton Smith, "The Devotee of Evil"
Mr. Veech is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Thanks From:
dr. locrian (12-15-2016), Kevin (12-15-2016), lepidoppleganger (12-15-2016), miguel1984 (12-15-2016)