View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016   #37
MadsPLP
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 61,944, Level: 100 Points: 61,944, Level: 100 Points: 61,944, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%
Send a message via MSN to MadsPLP
Re: Bands You've Seen

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana In Karma View Post
Quote Originally Posted by MadsPLP View Post
Favourites must be some by Current 93 in 2006 and 2008 at Die Volksbühne in Berlin.
You win. How was it?
They played consecutive nights; the second night each time was absolutely stellar. Big band, but especially in 2006 they seemed like a perfect unit with an excellent setlist. Alas, the setlist of the first night (where Cashmore joined Tibet for the encore) is the only one I've got.

Popcorn intro
Judas As Black Moth
Time Of The Last Persecution
Mockingbird
Alone
Black Flowers Please
Sunset (The Death Of Thumbelina)
Black Ships Ate the Sky
Good Morning Great Moloch
Larkspur And Lazarus
Niemandswasser
A Sadness Song
Black Ships Were Sinking Into Idumea
Anti-Christ And Barcodes
Calling For Vanished Faces II
The Bloodbells Chime
Bind Your Tortoise Mouth
Mary Waits In Silence
All This World Makes Great Blood
In The Heart Of The Woods
Walking Like Shadow
So This Empire Is Nothing

Saw them on the same tour in Belgium, second night was brilliant, but Berlin was the true highlight. In spite of my bad conscience of not exactly delivering a brilliant paper for my 5-day exam two days after the last show... Simply two electrifying concerts.

Sets in 2008 were vastly different with Birth Canal Blues being the centrepiece - but that's one of my favourites anyway.

Of the 12 times I've seen them, only two have been disappointing; both at the HMV Forum in 2010, but that more due to a backing sanger who didn't seem to know her role and wasn't really up to par.
MadsPLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
miguel1984 (03-23-2016)