Thread: Idpol
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017   #5
Sad Marsh Ghost
Quotes:
Re: Idpol

I think much of identity politics have been superseded by consumerist culture and become bourgeois concerns, and I generally prefer the left to think outside of that paradigm and concern themselves more with issues of austerity, healthcare, etc.

I'm not saying wanting to combat the rise of racism is as illogical as electing a reality TV star and giving him access to the nuclear codes or whatever new low the populist right have reached, but people get too bogged down in the minutiae of identity and often lose sight of what I feel should take priority given the increased damage to the planet and social infrastructure. I don't think trans bathroom laws and gay marriage or the amount of ethnic minorities starring in our action movies are necessarily non-issues, but I don't think they should take priority over ensuring healthcare for everybody and looking after the poor, which seems to have become the case in our corporate media.
3 Thanks From:
miguel1984 (05-23-2017), Nirvana In Karma (05-23-2017), Speaking Mute (05-25-2017)