THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Discussion & Interpretation > Other Authors > D. F. Lewis
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 09-13-2006   #1
Nemonymous
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 274,565, Level: 100 Points: 274,565, Level: 100 Points: 274,565, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%
Yester-eggs

Yester-eggs
A new concept broached yesterday by my newest free novel-in-progress entitled 'Yesterfang'. These are pods or hives left behind one (like the crumbs of Hansel & Gretel) unifying one's progressive yet separate selves throughout the rite-of-passage often called 'life' -- a gestalt on any return journey representing a phalanx of deja-vus that maketh the man.

des
http://www.weirdmonger.com
Nemonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #2
Nemonymous
Grimscribe
Threadstarter
Points: 274,565, Level: 100 Points: 274,565, Level: 100 Points: 274,565, Level: 100
Re: Yester-eggs

Yesterfang has become a quest for the pest!
Extract from today's episode 25:

...we shall call it our quest for the pest – no longer a quest for the past, not a search for lost time nor a remembrance of things past, because that stuff’s old hat, because the true past, once accomplished, once lived, once forgotten, is a past that’s marched too far for any quest to reach. So we gradually change the past, by changing the purpose of the quest itself. With this success in neutralising the past with altered goals beyond its own reach, we now seek the pest instead, the pest we should always have sought if it had not been for the similar words confusing us ... so that we can then eventually quench the pest’s poison and stymie its eternally foreseeable ability to bleed mankind dry with its cancers and other diseases of mind and body [...] and we need to gather forces from the dark imaginations of world literature to work with us as counter-spies or clandestine triple bluffs and so forth against the pest that already believes it has got them in its own pocket working against us!

Easy navigation of all my novels-on-line:
Old 10-02-2006   #3
Nemonymous
Grimscribe
Threadstarter
Lovecraft City is at last approached by our romantic couple of protagonists today.
I'm rather pleased with today's highly textured account (episode 31 of YESTERFANG) about this long-awaited approach:
http://www.free-blog-site.com/denemo.../02/98819.aspx

des
Old 11-20-2006   #4
Nemonymous
Grimscribe
Threadstarter
Fanblades can whisk yester-eggs into oubliettes of spent imagination, making today tomorrow. I sit in the carrel deep in study of how baffles work in catheters. So engrossed-out, I fail to notice what I had in mind when I wrote the first sentence. Perhaps I am my own walking oubliette.
Old 11-21-2006   #5
Nemonymous
Grimscribe
Threadstarter
Here is Baffle (29)

Baffles, as well as protecting against clear-sighted surveillance by readers of an author’s work, also serve to protect the author himself from the (a)(im)morality or other negativities portrayed in the fiction he has produced. You see, it is true that much fiction is ‘magic fiction’ with many 'cracks-in-the-pavement' and can bite both author or reader! Thus Baffles often serve as very useful valves or filters or buffers within even the most innocent-seeming of fables that you’ve written which may secretly harbour a sting. Anonymity (Nemonymity) is just one form of a Baffle. There are varying degrees of Baffle. The ultimate being death (or if death is not possible) eventual self-imposed silence. And thus my final Baffle impends.