THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Wayward Distractions > Film > Contemporary Horror
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 06-14-2005   #1
bendk
Grimscribe
Quotes: 1
Points: 416,049, Level: 100 Points: 416,049, Level: 100 Points: 416,049, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Close Your Eyes

CLOSE YOUR EYES (2004) Directed by Nick Willing. Starring Goran Visnjic, Paddy Considine, and Shirley Henderson.

Young girls are kidnapped and murdered. When they are found, their bodies are discovered to be covered with cryptic markings. One girl that was kidnapped escapes the clutches of "The Tatoo Killer," but she is so traumatized by the experience that she is unable to speak or communicate about the crime. In the desperate hope that they can get clues about the killer's identity and whereabouts from the girl, before the killer strikes again, a female detective enlists the help of a hypnotherapist gifted with visions. The clues lead them on a harrowing journey into occult theology and ritualistic murder.

I was tempted to post this under Lovecraftian Films because it reminds me somewhat of HPL's novel THE CASE OF CHARLES DEXTER WARD. But the movie is actually based on Madison Smartt Bell's novel DOCTOR SLEEP.

I liked this flick. I am in the minority though. It only got 46% on Rottentomatoes.com.

Trivia: The dvd cover art looks similar to the German language book DAS ALPTRAUM-NETZWERK by Thomas Ligotti. Translated by Monika Angerhuber (Eddie).
bendk is offline   Reply With Quote