Old 11-28-2014   #41
SpookyDread
Mystic
Threadstarter
Quotes: 0
Points: 13,545, Level: 80 Points: 13,545, Level: 80 Points: 13,545, Level: 80
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Literary Criticism hermeneutics, Magnetics Metrics and Pneumatological Scholarshi

Fyi go ahead and feel sick to your stomach if you're old to Buddhism but weren't aware of some of the concepts I am presenting because they are important concepts not to be lost not to be forgotten but to be thought about. Independence is important. Time, Memories, Identity, is important, the fact of spirit possession when it concerns esotericism in religion is important. The fact of the separation of the field , property, from the body, matter, is important if you've ever been around a graveyard before and are aware that there are unclaimed headstones. Literally. Fields that are just there lying about with no one to take them. There is a reason why possession follows natural disasters. There is a reason why natural disasters lead to haunted places. etc.. In fact, the independence of identity gets very strange in the reading of certain famous stories. like.. WHO IS KING LEAR. ####. That's the ####ing point… HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO HE IS. That is the ####ing tragedy. I was in class the other day and actually pointed this out and everyone was like the #### . and i was like… yes. *sigh* in Korean culture (I read a bit, I find weird things) the shamans were at one time Kings , the Kings were at one time shamans, that is why its called Kangshinmu. The King is not one identity but myriad, to them. I will post … a … performance…

not the same scene but this is an interesting scene ^ that's a great performance of a scene

SCENE IV. The heath. Before a hovel.

Enter KING LEAR, KENT, and Fool
KENT
Here is the place, my lord; good my lord, enter:
The tyranny of the open night's too rough
For nature to endure.
Storm still

KING LEAR
Let me alone.
KENT
Good my lord, enter here.
KING LEAR
Wilt break my heart?
KENT
I had rather break mine own. Good my lord, enter.
KING LEAR
Thou think'st 'tis much that this contentious storm
Invades us to the skin: so 'tis to thee;
But where the greater malady is fix'd,
The lesser is scarce felt. Thou'ldst shun a bear;
But if thy flight lay toward the raging sea,
Thou'ldst meet the bear i' the mouth. When the
mind's free,
The body's delicate: the tempest in my mind
Doth from my senses take all feeling else
Save what beats there. Filial ingratitude!
Is it not as this mouth should tear this hand
For lifting food to't? But I will punish home:
No, I will weep no more. In such a night
To shut me out! Pour on; I will endure.
In such a night as this! O Regan, Goneril!
Your old kind father, whose frank heart gave all,--
O, that way madness lies; let me shun that;
No more of that.
KENT
Good my lord, enter here.
KING LEAR
Prithee, go in thyself: seek thine own ease:
This tempest will not give me leave to ponder
On things would hurt me more. But I'll go in.
To the Fool

In, boy; go first. You houseless poverty,--
Nay, get thee in. I'll pray, and then I'll sleep.
Fool goes in

Poor naked wretches, whereso'er you are,
That bide the pelting of this pitiless storm,
How shall your houseless heads and unfed sides,
Your loop'd and window'd raggedness, defend you
From seasons such as these? O, I have ta'en
Too little care of this! Take physic, pomp;
Expose thyself to feel what wretches feel,
That thou mayst shake the superflux to them,
And show the heavens more just.
EDGAR
[Within] Fathom and half, fathom and half! Poor Tom!
The Fool runs out from the hovel

Fool
Come not in here, nuncle, here's a spirit
Help me, help me!
SpookyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014   #42
SpookyDread
Mystic
Threadstarter
Re: Literary Criticism hermeneutics, Magnetics Metrics and Pneumatological Scholarshi

I guess what I have left to say that I haven't is :

I had to encounter people to learn. Someone had to point it out to me. I'm not sure I would have figured it out on my own unless I had met people or somehow came across something to understand. It's all contagious. Moral of the story is go out and wander. Meet new people.

Cambodia is… I don't know… lol… the satire of this film might be off in some ways of what they're making fun of but its what it is right.. Kru can be… sorcerer.. wonder worker.. can also be master of the house/Wat . I'm not so sure. I'm new to all of this *shrugs*.. It's Buddhism.. but it's Khmer.. Thai.. various.. people .. yeah real people . Cambodia is a political cluster #### I am not going to speculate on Cambodian politics and film industry as far as artistic freedom because I just don't know is my point.

Old 11-28-2014   #43
SpookyDread
Mystic
Threadstarter

If someone is a total ego maniac they probably shouldn't loose their identity to become a monk . Or … do any esoteric practices. They should just go to church or some place where they can be purified instead of purifying. However, there is so much esotericism out there, there is too much of it , without people being properly taught or shown what texts, what right thinking, is correct , some right thinking and correctives are necessary. Go out and meet other cultures and explore, you will have to travel, you might even have to die . My Kru had to angrily pretty much tell me like dozens of times.. purity.. purity.. and I was like.. I know.. but I don't know.. and it's been months.. and I've been absent.. and I am not a new born I am like 10 years old on this. I will have to keep going and keep being persistent about it. I am really bothered by this because I study --literature--, I'm very new to that.. relatively.. but I -see- these issues in literature all the time.. ####ing notice it.. It's not like it is not there.

King Lear is not "insane"

Read the text properly

He has.. multiple identities. It's not obscure, it's a correct or plausible reading of the text based on academic research.

My Kru even asked me. How much does University cost. I made him curious about what they are teaching because I basically told him.. the many armed thing seems controversial and they're not teaching a range and the culture here at least where I am from is not aware that these perspectives exist.

Heidegger being mentioned In Memoriam for one of the translators of the Vimuttimagga he gave me is telling. Of just what that text was to him . You can't even understand Heidegger without reading this text. and Heidegger is kind of important.

Last edited by SpookyDread; 11-29-2014 at 12:29 AM..
Old 11-29-2014   #44
SpookyDread
Mystic
Threadstarter

One at a time . If you're without, find a free soul. Entreat. Raise the dead . To initiate, as in Coleridge or Japanese archery, aim high, call down. Bathtub Attendant simile is that. Graveyard attendant simile is for people who don't know - one at a time, if you're without and something has left then go get one. They're free.

Many people are loose and don't read.
Old 12-04-2014   #45
SpookyDread
Mystic
Threadstarter

the Vimuttimagga , masterpiece of the occult . There is no better book than this on occultism. Yeah this is the one that got destroyed huh guess why . Buddhist monastery probably have TONS of texts like this that they don't want -out- and this one got out. and they've been since trying to downplay how important the english translation of this text is. as someone with an interest in like True Pure Land Shin Buddhism , reiki.. etc.. it upsets me that people don't know of this . I never done reiki but I might as well be a covert Shin ninja as far as what my interests are. and it upsets me that people aren't even really familiar with how and why Shin is covert. I am so ninja that I did simile of the bath attendant and out-ninja's my own self. yes . \/ I know how to sniff out ninjas. Wraiths. I know you. Don't think I don't know.

This podcast on Covert Shin, excellent, explains how reiki is supposed to be covert and what they do, how gnostic/Christian it is, etc

On a fascinating journey that takes us from Shinran’s thirteenth-century admonition of his eldest son for claiming to possess secret teachings, to a twenty-first-century covert Shin leader who worries about the dwindling number of adherents, we hear of secret caves in southern Kyushu used for clandestine worship, dietary proscriptions of chicken and milk, punishment of covert Shin members in northeastern Japan (ranging from promises to abandon covert Shin to crucifixion), and a covert Shin group whose members associated themselves with the Kūyadō and became ordained Tendai Buddhist priests in order to deflect suspicion. In addition, through access to groups that few scholars have been granted, Chilson describes in detail many of the initiation rituals and teachings at the center of certain covert Shin groups, all the while addressing the ethical dilemmas that researchers studying secret groups face. This book will be of particular interest to those researching or interested in Jōdo shin shū (Japanese True Pure Land Buddhism), secrecy in religion, secret societies, Edo-period regulation of religious groups, modern Japanese religion, and religious identity.

Even Buddhaghosa did not really believe that Theravada practice could lead to Nirvana. His Visuddhimagga is supposed to be a detailed, step by step guide to enlightenment. And yet in the postscript [...] he says he hopes that the merit he has earned by writing the Vishuddhimagga will allow him to be reborn in heaven, abide there until Metteyya (Maitreya) appears, hear his teaching and then attain enlightenment.

the Graveyard austerity is really effective. Entreat and don't push.

it's really a meditation manual about entreating possession

everything in it relies on sacrificing your self, whether for initiation - the self loss- meant for possession and buffering your vehicle. or for purification , it's loss, it's about being scattered to the Winds.

Has Ligotti ever cited this or talked about it I don't remember.

consider Korean buddhism is very quiet , secluded, mountain shamanism . it… fits this text, more than other popular texts on buddhism. which is how i know to trust it ( that korean sincerity )

Hermit Kingdom

consider that shamanism , and their shamanism being totally dark to the core , vampiric, and totally psychotic, joined with buddhism, is very Japanese.. and consider these two going together in important ways. and see also Vietnamese sorcery, though unfortunately they're vegetarian. i can't seem to gather if they're geomancers or sorcerers. koreans are not vegetarian. neither are anglicans.
Old 12-04-2014   #46
SpookyDread
Mystic
Threadstarter

Hyborea / Hyperborea . Chilly. Shamanism is north.

North Eastern , Cold, Temporal Distortion. Underground caves. Spooky. Windy. Etc. Buuuurrr.

the Buuuurrrr

makes,

spark spark spark zap zap! ghost adhesion!