THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > News > Website News
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 03-22-2005   #1
dr. locrian
Town Manager
Quotes: 2
Points: 150,306, Level: 100 Points: 150,306, Level: 100 Points: 150,306, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
"Mrs. Rinaldi's Angel" Online in PDF Format

"Mrs. Rinaldi's Angel" by Thomas Ligotti is now available in Adobe PDF format in TLO's "Downloads" section (go to the sidebar menu to the left).

Note also that TLO's "Downloads" section contains MP3, audio versions of both "Mrs. Rinaldi's Angel" and "Nethescurial".

Now a quick question: what Ligotti story would you like to see made available next in eBook format and/or audio?

Also, be sure to make any comments or suggestions about the existing downloadable stories. Editing and format recommendations are particularly valued, though any feedback would be terrific.

Meanwhile, enjoy!

Dr. Locrian

"Thomas Ligotti is a master of a different order, practically a different species. He probably couldn’t fake it if he tried, and he never tries. He writes like horror incarnate.”
—Terrence Rafferty, New York Times Book Review
dr. locrian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #2
The Silent One
Grimscribe
Quotes: 1
Points: 50,529, Level: 100 Points: 50,529, Level: 100 Points: 50,529, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: "Mrs. Rinaldi's Angel" Online in PDF Format

Several: Charnel House of the Moon, Sardonic Mundane, When You Hear the Singing You Will Know It Is Time, Severini, The Town Manager, Ghost Stories for the Dead, Paradoxes from Hell, and I Have A Special Plan For This World. Deranged fancy, I know :roll: .

"And into his dreams he fell...and forever."
The Silent One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #3
unknown
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 31,571, Level: 100 Points: 31,571, Level: 100 Points: 31,571, Level: 100
Send a message via AIM to unknown
yeah, I had like to see one of the rare/hard to find ones put online for us cheapskates

there is no stronger drug than reality

yog-sothoth
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #4
dr. locrian
Town Manager
Threadstarter
Quotes: 2
Points: 150,306, Level: 100 Points: 150,306, Level: 100 Points: 150,306, Level: 100
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Good points. I entirely agree that the obscure/uncollected/hard to find Ligotti stories are most desirable to be offered here on TLO. We'll see what we can do. What would you folks think of (hypothetically) reprinting "The Shadow, The Darkness" (from the 999 anthology)? Mind you, I have not approached Tom about this possibility, but I thought I'd throw this story out there since it's one of my favorites by TL (and one that many TL readers have likely not seen in print).

Re the audio readings: I think I may try to also get permission to record some (or all) of Ligotti's Death Poems. I believe these poems represent some of Ligotti's best work to date (prose or poetry), and I know that musically they'd be fantastic read aloud. If recording these poems is not possible, I may start plugging away at recording various Ligotti stories from top to bottom (again, assuming I can get permission to do this).

Anyway, please do continue to write more recommendations on the matter. Hmm. Perhaps this calls for a poll.

"Thomas Ligotti is a master of a different order, practically a different species. He probably couldn’t fake it if he tried, and he never tries. He writes like horror incarnate.”
—Terrence Rafferty, New York Times Book Review
dr. locrian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #5
The Silent One
Grimscribe
Quotes: 1
Points: 50,529, Level: 100 Points: 50,529, Level: 100 Points: 50,529, Level: 100

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Locrian";p=&quot View Post
What would you folks think of (hypothetically) reprinting "The Shadow, The Darkness" ? Mind you, I have not approached Tom about this possibility, but I thought I'd throw this story out there since it's one of my favorites by TL (and one that many TL readers have likely not seen in print).
Yes. I'll shorten my list:
Very Rare: Rarities from Grimoire #2 and/or Crypt of Cthulhu #68
Rare: The Shadow, The Darkness; Anything from Weird Tales, IAFTIAFL, and/or TAROVFAOGT
Semi-Rare: Anything from MWINYD and/or Teatro Grottesco
Not Rare: Anything other than Eye of the Lynx

"And into his dreams he fell...and forever."
The Silent One is offline   Reply With Quote