THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Miscellanea > Rants & Ravings
Home Forums Content Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 03-19-2017   #531
Robert Adam Gilmour
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 17,679, Level: 91 Points: 17,679, Level: 91 Points: 17,679, Level: 91
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
Re: Trump

Mithras- There's very little in that pizzagate video to go on.

Saki used to write spirals like those into his diary when he had sex with men, but I'm sure that's all it was.

Veech- because ecstasy, beauty etc.

Robert Adam Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017   #532
Mithras
Banned
Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Adam Gilmour View Post
Mithras- There's very little in that Video to go on.
The video gives sufficient circumstantial evidence, just read the leaked emails. Why would handkerchiefs and hotdogs be mentioned frequently unless they were codewords?

Also, Comet Ping Pong posted insane stuff on their FB wall, which doesn't make sense considering they were supposed to be "family friendly". Is this a "family friendly" photo?

Oh, and doesn't this woman Marina Abramović seem "odd" to be related to high-profile people?

Mithras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017   #533
Mr. Veech
Grimscribe
Points: 8,726, Level: 64 Points: 8,726, Level: 64 Points: 8,726, Level: 64
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Adam Gilmour View Post
Mithras- There's very little in that Video to go on.

Saki used to write spirals like those into his diary when he had sex with men, but I'm sure that's all it was.

Veech- because ecstasy, beauty etc.
What kind of ecstacy or beauty do you have in mind? It seems to have evaded me since birth. No disrespect, but "ecstacy" and "beauty" seem like empty signifiers which perpetuate the life cycle for biological, not rational, reasons. It's that nonexistent "bonus" your faceless boss promises you for doing twice the amount of labor you originally signed on for.

"In a less scientific age, he would have been a devil-worshipper, a partaker in the abominations of the Black Mass; or would have given himself to the study and practice of sorcery. His was a religious soul that had failed to find good in the scheme of things; and lacking it, was impelled to make of evil itself an object of secret reverence."

~ Clark Ashton Smith, "The Devotee of Evil"
Mr. Veech is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
miguel1984 (03-20-2017)
Old 03-19-2017   #534
Cnev
Chymist
Points: 10,383, Level: 70 Points: 10,383, Level: 70 Points: 10,383, Level: 70
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

What I find most interesting about the pizzagate shebang is how quickly people are to just ignore it and toss it aside as gibberish, when equally strange and horrible things occur on a a regular, day-to-day basis. Is it really that far-fetched? Maybe. Maybe not. There's some weird and unusual #### surrounding it, especially within the context of suit-wearing, straight-faced politicians.

Anyway, I thought this was interesting, if not hilarious.

Cnev is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Mithras (03-19-2017), Speaking Mute (03-20-2017)
Old 03-19-2017   #535
Mithras
Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Veech View Post
What kind of ecstacy or beauty do you have in mind? It seems to have evaded me since birth. No disrespect, but "ecstacy" and "beauty" seem like empty signifiers which perpetuate the life cycle for biological, not rational, reasons. It's that "bonus" your faceless boss promises you for doing twice the amount of labor you originally signed on for.
Have you played the video game Okami or read its art book? It's like a Japanese moving watercolor painting that's hard not to find beautiful, especially when dilapidated, barren areas are restored with lush gardens. To me, there is a beauty to be found in revitalized gardens and furry companions. Granted, it's not that I find life as a whole good or bad, but whenever we affirm a single thing, aren't we affirming all regardless of the walls we build? Still, I think it is preferable to have walled enclosures.

Also, you have read Thomas Metzinger and Buddhist sutras, correct? On a deeper level, one could argue there is "non-arising", which Metzinger defended in one video that I fully transcribed.

It's not that life is a blackness or void, but it's too variegated and swirling to process -- it annihilates one's "false perception in being" if the walls are broken. The opal mocks the ammonite and obsidian, it's all a pearl from one angle.
Old 03-19-2017   #536
Druidic
Grimscribe
Points: 67,278, Level: 100 Points: 67,278, Level: 100 Points: 67,278, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Yes, the pizzagate thing is very strange and nothing about the sex activities of politicians surprise me.

That would be the last damn place I'd order a pizza.
Druidic is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Mithras (03-19-2017), Speaking Mute (03-20-2017)
Old 03-19-2017   #537
Nirvana In Karma
Grimscribe
Points: 18,867, Level: 94 Points: 18,867, Level: 94 Points: 18,867, Level: 94
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Mithras-- I think that post where you compared eugenics to Harvest Moon was very insightful gibberish. Varg's tactics for fighting the scourge of multiculturalism and anti-white political correctness have rubbed off on you. Well done!

This is my life. This is my damnation. This is my only regret--that I ever was born.

-- Swans, "Beautiful Child"
Nirvana In Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017   #538
Mithras
Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana In Karma View Post
Mithras-- I think that post where you compared eugenics to Harvest Moon was very insightful gibberish.
Please show me where I mentioned eugenics in that post? It seems like someone lacks reading comprehension. If anything, I mentioned preserving social norms in the face of the introduction of new values. What I was arguing could be construed as more Confucian.
Old 03-19-2017   #539
Mr. Veech
Grimscribe
Points: 8,726, Level: 64 Points: 8,726, Level: 64 Points: 8,726, Level: 64

Quote Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Veech View Post
What kind of ecstacy or beauty do you have in mind? It seems to have evaded me since birth. No disrespect, but "ecstacy" and "beauty" seem like empty signifiers which perpetuate the life cycle for biological, not rational, reasons. It's that "bonus" your faceless boss promises you for doing twice the amount of labor you originally signed on for.
Have you played the video game Okami? To me, there is a beauty to be found in revitalized gardens and furry companions. It's not that I find life as a whole good or bad, but whenever we affirm a single thing, aren't we affirming all regardless of the walls we build? Still, I think it is preferable to have walled enclosures.

Also, you have read Thomas Metzinger and Buddhist sutras, correct? On a deeper level, one could argue there is "non-arising", which Metzinger defended in one video that I fully transcribed.

It's not that life is a blackness or void, but it's too variegated and swirling to process -- it annihilates one's "false perception in being" if the walls are broken. The opal mocks the ammonite and obsidian, it's all a pearl from one angle.
I consider escapism the highest value like everyone else. But what does that say about the human condition itself? It says it's essentially bankrupt. We're still alive because we're cowards - plain and simple. We can talk about how intrinsically beautiful life is, but what's it going to be like when half of us are !?%#?%! ourselves in a barren room, waiting for the nurse to change our diapers? Death and disillusionment are guaranteed. Everything else is unlikely to happen. If it does, you'll feel the sting of death even more. We pessimists try to make friends with the Beast (Death), knowing the cards are already stacked in its favor.

A glorious end awaits us!

"In a less scientific age, he would have been a devil-worshipper, a partaker in the abominations of the Black Mass; or would have given himself to the study and practice of sorcery. His was a religious soul that had failed to find good in the scheme of things; and lacking it, was impelled to make of evil itself an object of secret reverence."

~ Clark Ashton Smith, "The Devotee of Evil"
Mr. Veech is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Cnev (03-19-2017), miguel1984 (03-20-2017), Mithras (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017   #540
Nirvana In Karma
Grimscribe
Points: 18,867, Level: 94 Points: 18,867, Level: 94 Points: 18,867, Level: 94
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Quote Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana In Karma View Post
Mithras-- I think that post where you compared eugenics to Harvest Moon was very insightful gibberish.
Please show me where I mentioned eugenics in that post? It seems like someone lacks reading comprehension. If anything, I mentioned preserving social norms in the face of the introduction of new values. What I was arguing could be construed as more Confucian.
'Why accept them? Save the trouble and just banish the Marquis de Sade and crush the skulls of the Moloch imposers a bit sooner is what I'd do! Why not? It's like a perturbation in the system that momentarily makes it unstable, but in order to preserve the previous state of affairs, some prejudice may be in order.

"Prejudice is an organic truth, false in itself but accumulated by generations and transmitted: we cannot rid ourselves of it with impunity. The nation that renounces it heedlessly will then renounce itself until it has nothing left to give up. The duration of a collectivity and its consistency coincide with the duration and consistency of its prejudices. The Oriental nations owe their everlastingness to their loyalty to themselves."
- Emil Cioran'

Given your posting history on this forum, it isn't unreasonable to suppose this alludes to eugenics.

This is my life. This is my damnation. This is my only regret--that I ever was born.

-- Swans, "Beautiful Child"
Nirvana In Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
luxfugio (04-01-2017)