The Evil Hat
Acolyte
Quotes: 0
Points: 13,130, Level: 79 Points: 13,130, Level: 79 Points: 13,130, Level: 79
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to The Evil Hat
Wanted: Signed/Limited SOADD/Grimscribe

My copy of the Subterranean Grimscribe came today, and it's fantastic. Alas, I hesitated too long for me to have gotten a signed/limited edition, and my inner collector's now fuming (I fondly remember the days when I thought I'd never pay more than thirty or forty for a book, no matter how rare...). I know this is an impossibly long shot, but I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone here either had copies of those limiteds they no longer required or had leads on how to obtain them. I'd be willing to pay 115 for each, though they would have to be a matching set with the transferal of rights for future volumes.

The Hat Rack: featuring (hopefully) in-depth and (possibly) insightful reviews of fantasy, science fiction and horror books.
The Evil Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #2
The Evil Hat
Acolyte
Threadstarter
Re: Wanted: Signed/Limited SOADD/Grimscribe

An update: I just purchased a publisher copy edition of Songs of a Dead Dreamer from our dark overlord himself (there's still one left, if you're interested and capable of hurrying over), so no longer require that volume. I've inquired as to whether he plans to offer the future collections in the series the same way. If he doesn't, I'd still be interested in a purchase with transferal of rights, and would be willing to pay the aforementioned sum - 115 USD - for any limited copy of Grimscribe in good condition.

The Hat Rack: featuring (hopefully) in-depth and (possibly) insightful reviews of fantasy, science fiction and horror books.
Old 08-03-2011   #3
Sam
Chymist
Points: 39,209, Level: 100 Points: 39,209, Level: 100 Points: 39,209, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Congrats on your order! Getting books directly from the man himself is quite gratifying. From a pure business standpoint, I have found Mr. Ligotti to be a stand-up seller. He responds to questions promptly, and packs his shipments with great care.

I have been tempted to order his 1964 Arkham House copy of "At The Mountains of Madness" a number of times but have refrained. A Lovecraft book (one of my favorites) owned by Mr. Ligotti, then myself? Wow. That is the stuff birthday wishes are made of.

DimShores.com
Fiction from the horizons of the Weird Renaissance and beyond.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #4
The Evil Hat
Acolyte
Threadstarter

I've eyed that tome myself, as well as every other book in Ligotti's inventory. It made me damn happy that, for once, the elephantine sum required to acquire one of his books went to him, rather than to some collector, even if I'm one such collector.

Thanks From:
Sam (08-03-2011)
Old 08-04-2011   #5
The Evil Hat
Acolyte
Threadstarter

It seems my hunt is over: before too long, publisher copies of Songs of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe shall be arriving at my door bearing not only Ligotti's signature but my favorite quotations from the works in his own hand. Needless to say, I'm a tad excited...

Thanks From:
njhorror (08-04-2011)