THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Discussion & Interpretation > Thomas Ligotti > General Discussion
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 11-01-2008   #1
matt cardin
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 74,627, Level: 100 Points: 74,627, Level: 100 Points: 74,627, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY graphic novel wins IHG Award

This year's International Horror Guild Awards, for work published in 2007, have been announced, and the first volume of the graphic novelization of The Nightmare Factory has won the award in the Illustrated Narrative category. I can't help but think this will give yet another boost to Tom's awareness among a larger population. Interesting to see how this is happening in tandem with other events that are increasing his visibility (the publication of the Virgin Books editions, the spread of awareness about the Frolic movie, etc.).

FYI, this year's IHG Awards will be the last. Apparently the IHG is closing shop (thank you to Simon Strantzas for making me aware of this). The current awards are listed with the header "Final Awards Announced," and the verbs in the organization's self-description have been changed to past tense. They enjoyed a 13 year run, from 1995 to 2008. I don't know what led to their demise, but there you have it. Of course we all recall that Tom won this award in 2002 for My Work Is Not Yet Done (the short novel, not the collection itself, which was nominated in the Collection category but didn't win).

Anybody know why they're shutting down?
matt cardin is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
G. S. Carnivals (11-01-2008), yellowish haze (06-10-2009)