THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Wayward Distractions > Musicians
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 08-09-2009   #1
Ligeia
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 48,567, Level: 100 Points: 48,567, Level: 100 Points: 48,567, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Ordo Funebris

In the year 2002, at the start of the month of April, three dark souls crossed paths in the same dream: a dream to make the music that sprung from their innards a reality, a music full of fantasy and mystery. With great emotion, they decided to meet for the first time, and upon seeing their sentiments mutually expressed and their musical language understood to perfection, they decided to give life to what they called Ordo Funebris.

Ordo funebris is comprised of Lady Nott (Violin), Sathorys Elenorth (Keyboard) and Lady Morte (Vocals).

After a few rehearsals, an idea ocurred to the three: to have something solid in their hands, something to be able to listen to, something to make themselves know. Thus, they set to recording their first demo, Cantar a la Morte, between the 11th and 17th of may, 2002, in the sound studio Maxim Sound, in Barcelona, Spain. Cantar a la Morte is inspired by the night…the dark begetter, the sweet embrace of death, the eternal whisper of the wind, the sadness in its silent hands, thosen magical forests that adorn the soul, the sea and its profound lament. And in the tower of Salvana, which remains ancestral in the most profound depths of its being.

Having the demo in their hands, Ordo Funebris dedicated themselves to copyrighting their work, as well as their name, as they wanted to be sure to enter a secure arena before making themselves known to the world.

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream..
Ligeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Joe Pulver (08-09-2009)
Old 08-09-2009   #2
trieffiewiles
Chymist
Points: 37,467, Level: 100 Points: 37,467, Level: 100 Points: 37,467, Level: 100
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
Re: Ordo Funebris

This reminds me of a band I know of but have not listened to for a while, Dargaard. I don't like making clinical assumptions about people I respect, but I am guessing you're from Europe and its seems as though you like this Ordo Funebris as well, so maybe you've heard of them. ;)
trieffiewiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #3
Ligeia
Grimscribe
Threadstarter
Points: 48,567, Level: 100 Points: 48,567, Level: 100 Points: 48,567, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Well my friend your assumptions are correct. I come from Europe (Athens, Greece) and i certainly like Dargaard!;)

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream..
Ligeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #4
Joe Pulver
Grimscribe
Points: 24,029, Level: 100 Points: 24,029, Level: 100 Points: 24,029, Level: 100
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Lovely, thanks. They remind me of selections from the "Heavenly Voices" series on Hyperium Records and the "of these reminders" box set on Projekt.

"He who hides his madman, dies voiceless."
-- Henri Michaux
Joe Pulver is offline   Reply With Quote