Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 02-24-2009   #1
BobFrank
Mannikin
Quotes: 0
Points: 4,937, Level: 47 Points: 4,937, Level: 47 Points: 4,937, Level: 47
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
I am looking for Grimscribe and Songs of a Dead Dreamer.

I decided that instead of purchasing TNF, I'll get Teatro Grottesco, Noctuary, Grimscribe and Songs of a Dead Dreamer.

I already own Noctuary and Teatro Grottesco is cheap and easy to get.

If you have Grimscribe and/or Songs of a Dead Dreamer for sale (in any condition) please contact me via email at flyingcowherder@hotmail.com.
BobFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #2
Cyril Tourneur
Grimscribe
Points: 123,424, Level: 100 Points: 123,424, Level: 100 Points: 123,424, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
Send a message via Skype™ to Cyril Tourneur
Re: I am looking for Grimscribe and Songs of a Dead Dreamer.

>>>>>>> AbeBooks: Search Results - thomas ligotti

best place to look for as i'm sure that no member would part with his/her editions...

(Dictated while taking a stroll) I have come to realizewhat a superbly contrived marionette man is. Though without strings attached, one can strut, jump, hop and, moreover, utter words, an elaborately made puppet! Who knows? At the Bon season next year, I may be a new dead invited to the Bon festival. What an evanescent world! This truth keeps slipping off our minds.

- Tsunetomo Yamamoto, The Hagakure
Cyril Tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #3
Ascrobius
Our Temporary Supervisor
Points: 31,273, Level: 100 Points: 31,273, Level: 100 Points: 31,273, Level: 100
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Yeah, I agree with the above sentiment. With all due respect, the way people are with Ligotti's work, you'd probably need to either inherit it by having someone leave it to you in their will, steal it from them at gunpoint, or pry it from their cold, dead hands. It's kind of like going to the desert and asking anyone if they have any water they'd be willing to part with.
The thing is that, as was mentioned above, copies of Tom's work are readily available on the internet and for a reasonable price. At this point, you can get Grimscribe, Songs of a Dead Dreamer, Noctuary, Teatro Grottesco, My Work Is Not Yet Done, The Shadow At The Bottom of The World, and whatever else I'm leaving out, are all available for cheap in paperback editions on ABEBOOKS.COM, Powell's, etc., so quite honestly you can easily acquire the vast majority of TL's writing's without spending crazy bank on thing like the SS SoaDD, or TAROVFAOGT, and some of the other pricier items like the hardcover IAFT,IAFL or MWINYD, and whatever else. I use ABEBOOKS all the time and have for years, and I have never had a problem with them or any of their vendors, that's the only reason I recommend them so highly. All I know is that if you have a PayPal account with (way) less than a hundred bucks in it, you could literally go to Abebooks right now, order every Ligotti piece currently available in paperback and have them at your doorstep by the weekend. Literally. That would be enough to keep your head spinning for quite some time, in fact, it may never stop spinning, and it will not have cost you much. But that's just me.

Best,
Tim

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn
Ascrobius is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Cyril Tourneur (02-24-2009), Daisy (02-24-2009)
Old 02-24-2009   #4
G. S. Carnivals
Our Temporary Supervisor
Quotes: 397
Points: 272,439, Level: 100 Points: 272,439, Level: 100 Points: 272,439, Level: 100
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

I agree with Tim. It helps, too, Bob, if you are not too fussy about the condition of the books themselves.

I suppose that I am a rare bird. I have supplied candy with each and every Ligotti item that she owns. This was done out of friendship and the need to pull another one into the void.

"What does it mean to be alive except to court disaster and suffering at every moment?"

Tibet: Carnivals?
Ligotti: Ceremonies for initiating children into the cult of the sinister.
Tibet: Gas stations?
Ligotti: Nothing to say about gas stations as such, although I've always responded to the smell of gasoline as if it were a kind of perfume.
G. S. Carnivals is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
candy (02-25-2009)
Old 02-25-2009   #5
candy
Chymist
Points: 19,283, Level: 95 Points: 19,283, Level: 95 Points: 19,283, Level: 95
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%

They are much appreciated!!!

"What did you bring for Candy?"
candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #6
BobFrank
Mannikin
Threadstarter
Points: 4,937, Level: 47 Points: 4,937, Level: 47 Points: 4,937, Level: 47
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%

Ascrobius:
"All I know is that if you have a PayPal account with (way) less than a hundred bucks in it, you could literally go to Abebooks right now, order every Ligotti piece currently available in paperback and have them at your doorstep by the weekend. Literally."

I wish.

It's nothing like that here in Australia.I bought noctuary online for $52AU from the US (I'm yet to receive it). That's the absolute cheapest I could find. The book was only $33. The rest was postage. Therein lies my problem...

The cheapest I can find the other books, including postage:
$68 for Songs of a Dead Dreamer
$38 for Grimscribe
Neither of these are from AbeBooks and they're both former library copies, by the way.

If I can't find them any cheaper I'll probably get them as soon as my PayPal account is set up (they're currently transferring money to it).

Fortunately, I can get a new copy of Teatro Grottesco from Australia for $25 including postage.
BobFrank is offline   Reply With Quote