THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > News > Ligotti News
Home Forums Content Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Dr. Locrian
Town Manager
Quotes: 2
Points: 61,918, Level: 100 Points: 61,918, Level: 100 Points: 61,918, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Topic Nominated Vastarien Kickstarter Campaign is Live

View Poll  

The Kickstarter campaign for Vastarien: A Literary Journal has begun.

Vastarien: A Literary Journal

“...a nightmare transformed in spirit by the utter absence of refuge: nightmare made normal."

In-depth essays, interviews, weird fiction, terrific poetry, and fascinating hybrid pieces by some of the best authors out there including Thomas Ligotti. Co-Editor-in-Chief and World Fantasy Award nominee, Matt Cardin, and I have produced Ligottian content for over two decades, and now...Vastarien: A Literary Journal

Visit our Kickstarter campaign page, receive remarkable rewards, and join us “...where stars dance forever like bright puppets in the silent, staring void.”

Please give generously and share extensively. Thank you.

Also, we're now open for submissions for Issue 2 (https://grimscribepress.submittable....6362/vastarien). If you're creatively inclined, please submit your work for consideration.

"...the uncanny is to me the defining trait of this strange and terrible world and our strange and terrible minds." --Thomas Ligotti
Dr. Locrian is offline   Reply With Quote
17 Thanks From:
barrywood (2 Weeks Ago), BeelzeBob (2 Weeks Ago), bendk (2 Weeks Ago), Bleak&Icy (2 Weeks Ago), Freyasfire (2 Weeks Ago), gveranon (2 Weeks Ago), maramadus (2 Weeks Ago), Michael (2 Weeks Ago), miguel1984 (2 Weeks Ago), mongoose (2 Weeks Ago), Nigromontanus (2 Weeks Ago), Patrick G.P (2 Weeks Ago), Shadow Puppet (2 Weeks Ago), Thossyphus (2 Weeks Ago), Tsalalite (2 Weeks Ago), waffles (2 Weeks Ago), xylokopos (2 Weeks Ago)
Engaging Topic Of The Month February, 2018   View Poll  
Nominated The Following 2 Users Have Nominated This Post:  
miguel1984  (2 Weeks Ago), waffles  (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
MadsPLP
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 45,325, Level: 100 Points: 45,325, Level: 100 Points: 45,325, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
Send a message via MSN to MadsPLP
Re: Vastarien Kickstarter Campaign is Live

I'd love to support this, but I'm mainly interested in a physical copy - and $30 shipping to Denmark + getting busted in customs and paying $30 extra for that isn't too enticing a prospect, even if the journal is more than enticing. Will the journal be available via the usual online dealers once published? This is not to put the effort down, just being practical. I'll probably support this anyway.
MadsPLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Dr. Locrian (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Dr. Locrian
Town Manager
Threadstarter
Points: 61,918, Level: 100 Points: 61,918, Level: 100 Points: 61,918, Level: 100

Quote Originally Posted by MadsPLP View Post
I'd love to support this, but I'm mainly interested in a physical copy - and $30 shipping to Denmark + getting busted in customs and paying $30 extra for that isn't too enticing a prospect, even if the journal is more than enticing. Will the journal be available via the usual online dealers once published? This is not to put the effort down, just being practical. I'll probably support this anyway.
Mads,

It definitely will be available for purchase in your neck of the woods once the campaign is done. Thank you!

Also, we're 36% funded last I checked, in a little less than 4 hours! Thanks to all contributors, and, if you haven't donated yet... Please do.

Many thanks.

"...the uncanny is to me the defining trait of this strange and terrible world and our strange and terrible minds." --Thomas Ligotti
3 Thanks From:
GirlyGirlMask (2 Weeks Ago), miguel1984 (2 Weeks Ago), Shadow Puppet (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Shadow Puppet
Acolyte
Points: 24,405, Level: 100 Points: 24,405, Level: 100 Points: 24,405, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Pledged! I can hardly wait to see this monumental project finally come to fruition.

Your diligence & hard work are certainly appreciated, Jon, Matt, & company. May this be a long-lived and prosperous venture. We puppets dance with glee!

ďAll this buttoning and unbuttoning."
-- anonymous suicide note
Shadow Puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Thanks From:
bendk (2 Weeks Ago), Dr. Locrian (2 Weeks Ago), GirlyGirlMask (2 Weeks Ago), maramadus (2 Weeks Ago), miguel1984 (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Lucian Taylor
Mystic
Points: 7,027, Level: 58 Points: 7,027, Level: 58 Points: 7,027, Level: 58
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

I can't find the shipping costs, but how much is shipping to England for a physical copycopy of the book?
Lucian Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Dr. Locrian (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
Dr. Locrian
Town Manager
Threadstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian Taylor View Post
I can't find the shipping costs, but how much is shipping to England for a physical copycopy of the book?
International shipping is set at $30 USD via KS, but you can always wait for the journal to be available through Amazon UK (April at the latest, when all other copies will be sent out).

Thanks, Lucian.

Thanks From:
Lucian Taylor (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
Freyasfire
Grimscribe
Points: 18,062, Level: 92 Points: 18,062, Level: 92 Points: 18,062, Level: 92
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Pledged! I went for the Chymist package, which seemed like a pretty sweet deal to me. I noticed 10 extra were added to the original number. Iíd suggest international supporters pick this reward level as the shipping remains $30, but you get a yearís print and electronic subscription, PLUS an Aeron Alfrey print. You canít really go wrong. So stoked about this!
Freyasfire is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Thanks From:
bendk (2 Weeks Ago), Dr. Locrian (2 Weeks Ago), maramadus (2 Weeks Ago), miguel1984 (2 Weeks Ago), waffles (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
Dr. Locrian
Town Manager
Threadstarter

There are now additional countries added to the shipping costs dropdown. My mistake. Thank you all! We are almost halfway there in all of eight hours. Stunning!

6 Thanks From:
bendk (2 Weeks Ago), GirlyGirlMask (2 Weeks Ago), miguel1984 (2 Weeks Ago), mongoose (2 Weeks Ago), Patrick G.P (2 Weeks Ago), waffles (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
Dr. Locrian
Town Manager
Threadstarter

Campaign Update:

Only $755 left to raise! We'd love to see this happen in the next couple hours so we can make our campaign goal within the first day.

Humble thanks to our initial 52 backers. We won't let you down.

Please help us push this over the finish line and beyond. We're going to publish some stretch goals shortly.

Thanks From:
david (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10
Dr. Locrian
Town Manager
Threadstarter

Only $120 shy of the goal.