THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > News > Website News
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 07-11-2013   #11
Michael
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 33,062, Level: 100 Points: 33,062, Level: 100 Points: 33,062, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%
Re: TLO Hacked

Thank you VERY much Dr. Bantham for getting TLO back online.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
waffles (07-12-2013)
Old 07-14-2013   #12
Odalisque
Grimscribe
Points: 45,811, Level: 100 Points: 45,811, Level: 100 Points: 45,811, Level: 100

Quote Originally Posted by Calenture View Post
3. If you receive an email telling you that payment will soon be due on PC Performer, view with suspicion. I don't have PC Performer on my computer. I've found this page:http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-55-4701-0.html

The 'PC Performer' email includes the last four digits of my debit card.
This computer is being plagued by PC Performer, and several other programs that seem similar: Speedy PC Pro, Reg Clean Pro, ParetoLogic FileCure, PC Cleaner Pro. I wonder whether there's any way to get rid of all of these.

Odalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013   #13
ramonoski
Grimscribe
Points: 15,238, Level: 85 Points: 15,238, Level: 85 Points: 15,238, Level: 85
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Quote Originally Posted by Odalisque View Post
This computer is being plagued by PC Performer, and several other programs that seem similar: Speedy PC Pro, Reg Clean Pro, ParetoLogic FileCure, PC Cleaner Pro. I wonder whether there's any way to get rid of all of these.
Try the two-punch combo of Spybot and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. They're pretty much the most effective tools out there, and each typically finds stuff that the other doesn't so it's a good idea to run them both (not at the same time, of course; one after another. The search can be a bit too resource-consuming.)

If there's anything left, you can always use google. Search for "how to remove Reg Clean Pro" or whatever it is and you're bound to find forums where people who had the same problem offer solutions. Most of the times they recommend you use one of the above mentioned programs, but the real nasty ones will have you enter your computer's registry to delete some stuff. These hypothetical forum posts should give you detailed instructions on how to go about that.
ramonoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Odalisque (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013   #14
Odalisque
Grimscribe
Points: 45,811, Level: 100 Points: 45,811, Level: 100 Points: 45,811, Level: 100

Quote Originally Posted by ramonoski View Post
Try the two-punch combo of Spybot and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. They're pretty much the most effective tools out there, and each typically finds stuff that the other doesn't so it's a good idea to run them both (not at the same time, of course; one after another. The search can be a bit too resource-consuming.)

If there's anything left, you can always use google. Search for "how to remove Reg Clean Pro" or whatever it is and you're bound to find forums where people who had the same problem offer solutions. Most of the times they recommend you use one of the above mentioned programs, but the real nasty ones will have you enter your computer's registry to delete some stuff. These hypothetical forum posts should give you detailed instructions on how to go about that.
Thank you for that. I'd never previously heard of Spybot, and started to check it out. I became confused when I reached this page:

Mirror selection Spybot 2 | Spybot © ™ - Search Destroy

There seem to be about a dozen things I might download. But on which should I click? Surely not all of them.

Odalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #15
ramonoski
Grimscribe
Points: 15,238, Level: 85 Points: 15,238, Level: 85 Points: 15,238, Level: 85
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

There seem to be about a dozen things I might download. But on which should I click? Surely not all of them.
Any of them, really. Those are basically different sites that are storing the same file; should one of them go down or not work for you, you can safely try another knowing you'll get the same thing.
ramonoski is offline   Reply With Quote