THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Discussion & Interpretation > Other Authors > General Discussion
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 03-21-2012   #1
NealJansons
Acolyte
Quotes: 0
Points: 2,536, Level: 32 Points: 2,536, Level: 32 Points: 2,536, Level: 32
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
The Lovecraft eZine SERIOUSLY needs your help

A really great magazine that really deserves everyone’s help and support is in financial trouble due to the owner, Mike Davis, having health problems leading to serious expenses. Mike is a goodguy and has been operating the Lovecraft eZine at a loss since it began. He charges next to nothing, pays his writers, and weird horror luminaries like Wilum Pugmire, Joe Pulver, William Meikle, and even yours truly have filled his electronic pages with some great short stories and novellas. Every issue can be read online for free, and the ebook versions of each issue are some of the lowest prices in the industry. The magazine has even been praised by Lovecraftian scholar and master of the weird, S.T. Joshi.
So please, go read this post and help the zine out. This is one of the best Lovecraftian zines around, and if it falls apart we will have lost a great resource to the entire horror and weird fiction fandom. Please read the post and donate as much as you can afford.

And no, I don't run or work for the zine, though I did help out back at the beginning. I have sold work to them, but not for a while, and that isn't really influencing my attempt to spread the work.

Thanks for reading.

"Art should be a monster which casts servile minds into terror." - Tristan Tzara.
NealJansons is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Thanks From:
dr. locrian (03-23-2012), Michael (03-22-2012), Mr Loligo (03-22-2012), Sam (03-23-2012)
Old 03-22-2012   #2
hopfrog
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 26,505, Level: 100 Points: 26,505, Level: 100 Points: 26,505, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: The Lovecraft eZine SERIOUSLY needs your help

Many thanks to everyone who helped out! Although I am jobless and wallowing in poverty, I am donating two copies of my new book, UNCOMMON PLACES, to the ezine, plus a few books by others, that will perhaps figure in some kind of giveaway. The Lovecraft eZine is a great place to have one's work read on-line. I hope it continues for a long, long time!

"We work in the dark -- we do what we can -- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
--Henry James (1843-1916)
hopfrog is offline   Reply With Quote