THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Discussion & Interpretation > The Repository > Online Literature > Selections by Other Authors
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register
Comment

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes Translate
The Fairy Killer
The Fairy Killer
Published by qcrisp
05-15-2005
The Fairy Killer

CONTENT REMOVED BY REQUEST OF THE AUTHOR
By barrywood on 05-15-2005
Re: "The Fairy Killer" by Quentin S. Crisp

What Quentin S. Crisp writes and his way of writing it are equally satisfying in The Fairy Killer. His characters are believable, amusing, and sometimes graveyard chilling.

Thank you for this story, Quentin. I won't speak of plot; that ruins the tale for others. I found the story most enjoyable.

Barry
By The Silent One on 05-15-2005

Very disturbing. One wonders if any of it really happened... The image of the unnameable things reminds me of a particularily grotesque vision of the "botanical" horrors in "Flowers of the Abyss". One does wish that the plate would have actually hit him.
By qcrisp on 05-15-2005

Thank you. I'm rather hoping this story will be the first of a new collection, but I didn't want to wait until all the other stories are assembled before releasing this. For me it is something that is very much now and of the moment.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
By HeavensBlade23 on 05-30-2007
Re: The Fairy Killer

I quite enjoyed this. It's definitely Ligottian in some way.
By qcrisp on 06-14-2007
Re: The Fairy Killer

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensBlade23 View Post
I quite enjoyed this. It's definitely Ligottian in some way.
Hello Heaven's Blade. Thank you for reading and commenting.

I was actually consciously aware of a Ligottian influence in places, specifically the descriptions of the blasted swamp and the death of the fairies. Another influence that might not be quite so apparent is that of Mishima Yukio.

I think the story is also an example of my own whimsicality. I'm a bit of a dreamer, really, and perhaps have leanings towards the outrageously silly. I'm not sure. I suppose I should say that, while I struggled towards a nasty objectivity, I think the story is ultimately unbalanced by a nasty personal bias, but perhaps my awareness of that bias restores some kind of balance. In any case, I quite like the idea of the wobbling derangement of it all, like a vase on a potter's wheel that suddenly goes disastrously wrong.

Finally, I would like to say that this story may not be online for much longer, as I am lucky enough to have been offered print publication. I may give further news on this later.
Comment