THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Miscellanea > Rants & Ravings
Home Forums Content Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 06-01-2017   #11
Revenant's Avatar
Revenant
Mystic
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 208
Quotes: 0
Points: 4,611, Level: 46 Points: 4,611, Level: 46 Points: 4,611, Level: 46
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Activity: 57% Activity: 57% Activity: 57%
Re: SJW strikes again

These aren't liberals, these are modern day Stalinists.

And that is my last political statement on TLO!

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind." - H. P. Lovecraft
Revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Liam Barden (06-01-2017), miguel1984 (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017   #12
Nirvana In Karma's Avatar
Nirvana In Karma
Grimscribe
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,020
Quotes: 0
Points: 20,725, Level: 99 Points: 20,725, Level: 99 Points: 20,725, Level: 99
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Re: SJW strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
These aren't liberals, these are modern day Stalinists.
Ironically, the Red Army did more to combat fascists than they ever will!

Not confident in liberalism to end racism, as I stated earlier. Here's an interesting analysis on why likely can't from a philosophical vantage point.
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/how...racism-are-wed

This is my life. This is my damnation. This is my only regret--that I ever was born.

-- Swans, "Beautiful Child"
Nirvana In Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
miguel1984 (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017   #13
ukiyo-e cat
Banned
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
Quotes: 0
Points: 421, Level: 8 Points: 421, Level: 8 Points: 421, Level: 8
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
Re: SJW strikes again

The best way to deal with this problem is for people to acknowledge the reality of ethnicity, while knowing their differences, and show a degree of respect. Being color-blind would only make matters worse, and I would argue SJW movement was an outgrowth of that. Treating ethnic differences as miniscule is largely at root of these problems.

This requires both the Afrocentrists and Nordicists to take their heads out of the clouds. For example, Ancient Egyptians were neither Western African nor NW European... Ancient Persians and NW Indians also weren't NW European for any dim-witted Nordicists out there.

Last edited by ukiyo-e cat; 06-02-2017 at 12:09 AM..
ukiyo-e cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
miguel1984 (06-01-2017)
Old 06-02-2017   #14
Nirvana In Karma's Avatar
Nirvana In Karma
Grimscribe
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,020
Quotes: 0
Points: 20,725, Level: 99 Points: 20,725, Level: 99 Points: 20,725, Level: 99
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Re: SJW strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by ukiyo-e cat View Post
The best way to deal with this problem is for people to acknowledge the reality of ethnicity, while knowing their differences, and show a degree of respect. Being color-blind would only make matters worse, and I would argue SJW movement was an outgrowth of that. Treating ethnic differences as miniscule is largely at root of these problems.

This requires both the Afrocentrists and Nordicists to take their heads out of the clouds. For example, Ancient Egyptians were neither Western African nor NW European... Ancient Persians and NW Indians also weren't NW European for any dim-witted Nordicists out there.
There should be a mix between color-blindness and pluralism, because of the simple fact that race has no biological basis and is nothing more than an archaic folk concept.

AAA Statement on Race - Connect with AAA

This is my life. This is my damnation. This is my only regret--that I ever was born.

-- Swans, "Beautiful Child"
Nirvana In Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
miguel1984 (06-02-2017)
Old 06-02-2017   #15
Evans's Avatar
Evans
Grimscribe
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 877
Quotes: 0
Points: 21,562, Level: 100 Points: 21,562, Level: 100 Points: 21,562, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
Re: SJW strikes again

The best way to deal with problems of racialism and identity politics is to stress the non-identity of Persons i.e. Moral Agents and Biological Substances. Some people, myself very much included, will use this distinction as the basis for an argument for some kind of ontological soul-body dualism, though that is an additional step we need not agree on to agree on the former.

Two interesting books:

The History of the Race Idea: From Ray to Carus

The Origins of Racism in the West
Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
miguel1984 (06-02-2017), Nirvana In Karma (06-02-2017)
Old 06-02-2017   #16
ukiyo-e cat
Banned
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
Quotes: 0
Points: 421, Level: 8 Points: 421, Level: 8 Points: 421, Level: 8
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
Re: SJW strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana In Karma View Post
Quote Originally Posted by ukiyo-e cat View Post
The best way to deal with this problem is for people to acknowledge the reality of ethnicity, while knowing their differences, and show a degree of respect. Being color-blind would only make matters worse, and I would argue SJW movement was an outgrowth of that. Treating ethnic differences as miniscule is largely at root of these problems.

This requires both the Afrocentrists and Nordicists to take their heads out of the clouds. For example, Ancient Egyptians were neither Western African nor NW European... Ancient Persians and NW Indians also weren't NW European for any dim-witted Nordicists out there.
There should be a mix between color-blindness and pluralism, because of the simple fact that race has no biological basis and is nothing more than an archaic folk concept.

AAA Statement on Race - Connect with AAA
Race is important for finding stem cell and bone marrow donors, and various races have higher frequency of certain diseases like Sickle Cell or Huntington's. I agree race is not important when determining moral culpability, but to deny the existence of race is silly when people cluster according to their own respective groups on modern autosomal DNA PCA plots. Modern Autosomal DNA PCA plots, frequency of disease, potential of finding bone marrow donor, common phenotypes, and more do point to the reality of human race.

The best proxy to determine race is through the use of Autosomal DNA plots I referred to.

I do believe anthropologists tend to lean left and that's a rather old article.

Last edited by ukiyo-e cat; 06-02-2017 at 01:38 PM..
ukiyo-e cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Evans (06-02-2017)
Old 06-02-2017   #17
qcrisp's Avatar
qcrisp
Grimscribe
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,949
Quotes: 0
Points: 62,008, Level: 100 Points: 62,008, Level: 100 Points: 62,008, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%
Re: SJW strikes again


Quote
The other is an ethic represented by people like Nietzsche: completely relativistic, therefore reverting to the pursuit of power, rather than justice - interesting echoes of some of the Sophists...
I've primed the video for ten minutes in. This is a basic undergraduate (I believe) philosophy course. Anyway, Arthur Holmes is a good lecturer and I enjoy his presentation. If you follow the overview of Ancient Greek philosophy you can see parallels with the formation of the modern and postmodern world. (The above is lecture 3.) In the current age, in modernity and postmodernity, we have abandoned values, so are at a stage comparable to that of Sophism in Ancient Greece, and SJWism is a manifestation of this. In fact, the inclusion of the word "justice" in the title often given to such people is a misnomer, since their reliance on rhetoric and power tactics shows that they have abandoned principles and therefore justice. Even their rhetoric (as opposed to philosophy or search for truth) is fairly degenerate, consisting in chants, slogans, name-calling, threats and so on - in other words, the closest language comes to mere brute force.

"As the Director of one of the five greatest museums in our Eastern States has more than once remarked to me, From the Stone Age until now, what a decline!" - Ananda Coomaraswamy
qcrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Thanks From:
Evans (06-03-2017), Jeff Coleman (3 Weeks Ago), miguel1984 (06-05-2017), ukiyo-e cat (06-02-2017)
Old 06-02-2017   #18
Nirvana In Karma's Avatar
Nirvana In Karma
Grimscribe
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,020
Quotes: 0
Points: 20,725, Level: 99 Points: 20,725, Level: 99 Points: 20,725, Level: 99
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Re: SJW strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by ukiyo-e cat View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana In Karma View Post
Quote Originally Posted by ukiyo-e cat View Post
The best way to deal with this problem is for people to acknowledge the reality of ethnicity, while knowing their differences, and show a degree of respect. Being color-blind would only make matters worse, and I would argue SJW movement was an outgrowth of that. Treating ethnic differences as miniscule is largely at root of these problems.

This requires both the Afrocentrists and Nordicists to take their heads out of the clouds. For example, Ancient Egyptians were neither Western African nor NW European... Ancient Persians and NW Indians also weren't NW European for any dim-witted Nordicists out there.
There should be a mix between color-blindness and pluralism, because of the simple fact that race has no biological basis and is nothing more than an archaic folk concept.

AAA Statement on Race - Connect with AAA
Race is important for finding stem cell and bone marrow donors, and various races have higher frequency of certain diseases like Sickle Cell or Huntington's. I agree race is not important when determining moral culpability, but to deny the existence of race is silly when people cluster according to their own respective groups on modern autosomal DNA PCA plots. Modern Autosomal DNA PCA plots, frequency of disease, potential of finding bone marrow donor, common phenotypes, and more do point to the reality of human race.

The best proxy to determine race is through the use of Autosomal DNA plots I referred to.

I do believe anthropologists tend to lean left and that's a rather old article.
More recent article calling into question the reliability of genetic tests to determine "race" and ethnicity. Also touches upon Sickle cell anemia in African Americans, among other things.

| Harvard Magazine

This is my life. This is my damnation. This is my only regret--that I ever was born.

-- Swans, "Beautiful Child"
Nirvana In Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
miguel1984 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-02-2017   #19
ukiyo-e cat
Banned
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
Quotes: 0
Points: 421, Level: 8 Points: 421, Level: 8 Points: 421, Level: 8
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
Re: SJW strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana In Karma View Post
Quote Originally Posted by ukiyo-e cat View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana In Karma View Post
Quote Originally Posted by ukiyo-e cat View Post
The best way to deal with this problem is for people to acknowledge the reality of ethnicity, while knowing their differences, and show a degree of respect. Being color-blind would only make matters worse, and I would argue SJW movement was an outgrowth of that. Treating ethnic differences as miniscule is largely at root of these problems.

This requires both the Afrocentrists and Nordicists to take their heads out of the clouds. For example, Ancient Egyptians were neither Western African nor NW European... Ancient Persians and NW Indians also weren't NW European for any dim-witted Nordicists out there.
There should be a mix between color-blindness and pluralism, because of the simple fact that race has no biological basis and is nothing more than an archaic folk concept.

AAA Statement on Race - Connect with AAA
Race is important for finding stem cell and bone marrow donors, and various races have higher frequency of certain diseases like Sickle Cell or Huntington's. I agree race is not important when determining moral culpability, but to deny the existence of race is silly when people cluster according to their own respective groups on modern autosomal DNA PCA plots. Modern Autosomal DNA PCA plots, frequency of disease, potential of finding bone marrow donor, common phenotypes, and more do point to the reality of human race.

The best proxy to determine race is through the use of Autosomal DNA plots I referred to.

I do believe anthropologists tend to lean left and that's a rather old article.
More recent article calling into question the reliability of genetic tests to determine "race" and ethnicity. Also touches upon Sickle cell anemia in African Americans, among other things.

| Harvard Magazine
I do agree with the article that mtDNA and yDNA haplogroups are not good markers for race. They only give an idea of migration patterns. However, aDNA does go all the way back to our grandparents, I believe. I am not a population geneticist though, but from what I've read, it is a contentious topic. I am not really that fixed on this topic to be honest.

Granted, the crux of my issue is the article claims we have a 0.1% percentage difference between-groups and, thus, we're all one race (I got the .1%
number here: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/296/5566/261.2.citation):

Quote
“We are all Africans under the skin.” The kinds of differences that people notice, such as skin pigmentation, limb length, or other adaptations are “basically surface features that have been selected for in the environment. When you peer beneath the surface at the underlying level of genetic variation, we are all much more similar than we appear to be. There are no clear, sharp delineations.”
However, to relate this to a relevant topic, one will not deny that different dog breeds exist, which is between 0.2 to 1.0% difference (Origin, genetic diversity, and genome structure of the domestic dog. - PubMed - NCBI). 0.1% difference among humans can mean a world of difference such as white fibers being more present in certain groups of people or whatever. Consider, how there is only 2% genetic difference between chimps + bonobos and human beings, yet we agree they are different species.

Last edited by ukiyo-e cat; 06-03-2017 at 07:47 PM..
ukiyo-e cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
sjw, strikes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supreme Court of Canada strikes down ban on doctor-assisted suicide Mad Madison Other News 9 02-15-2015 10:13 AM
Dementia Strikes Again! qcrisp Quentin S. Crisp 0 04-26-2007 03:47 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 AM.



Style Based on SONGS OF A DEAD DREAMER as Published by Silver Scarab Press
Design and Artwork by Harry Morris
Emulated in Hell by Dr. Bantham
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS