THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > News > Other News
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 09-04-2006   #1
matt cardin
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 74,627, Level: 100 Points: 74,627, Level: 100 Points: 74,627, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
Anthology accepting submissions: HOLY HORRORS

I thought I'd let my fellow TLOers know that I've blundered fortuitously into a situation where I'm currently coediting a horror anthology with best-selling horror writer T.M. Wright. The title is Holy Horrors and the theme is -- yes, you guessed it -- horror with a religious theme. Or it's equally accurate to describe it as religion with a horrific theme. That is, horror stories that somehow involve, arise from, center upon, or find their horror in religion and spirituality.

For obvious reasons, I thought TLO members might be interested. The submission guidelines, penned by my co-editor, are available at various places on the web, including my blog, where the specific permalink for the post announcing the antho is:

http://theteemingbrain.wordpress.com...-holy-horrors/

So I'd love to see some stories from the writers among you, if you're interested. Pease be aware up front that Terry and I are having to be extremely selective. There are a limited number of spots available in the anthology and we have already received a huge number of submissions. I've read quite a few of them already and have been pleasantly surprised at the high quality of many. Then there's the fact that the submission pool includes several established authors, a few of whom are quite prominent. And several more such authors have said they'll probably be submitting soon. What matters ultimately, of course, is the quality of the story, not the prominence of the author's name. But this is all to let you know that the bar is set quite high, so it'll be a long shot at best for anybody who chooses to submit a story.

I'm mainly adding this proviso because of the family-like quality that pervades TLO. I truly would like to see some stories from the writers among you, but obviously I won't be able to show favoritism in my editorial decisions.

So if that's all more interesting than off-putting, please submit away!
matt cardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #2
qcrisp
Grimscribe
Points: 125,626, Level: 100 Points: 125,626, Level: 100 Points: 125,626, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Anthology accepting submissions: HOLY HORRORS

This sounds interesting, and I have just sent off a submission. I hope it fits the bill. Anyway, good luck with it all.

Absolutely candid, carefree, but straightforward speech becomes possible for the first time when one speaks of the highest." - Friedrich Schlegel
qcrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #3
matt cardin
Grimscribe
Threadstarter
Points: 74,627, Level: 100 Points: 74,627, Level: 100 Points: 74,627, Level: 100
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
That's great, Quentin. I'll definitely look forward to reading your story.
matt cardin is offline   Reply With Quote