THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Miscellanea > Technical Information > Site Features
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 01-03-2009   #21
Steve Dekorte
Chymist
Threadstarter
Quotes: 0
Points: 67,073, Level: 100 Points: 67,073, Level: 100 Points: 67,073, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%
Send a message via AIM to Steve Dekorte
Re: TLO Style Concept - Crampton

I thought of another option to using lines to separate sections - instead use a very light background color for sections (#dddddd) and give them alpha so overlapping sections would be slightly darker. Also, the new header image looks nice.

"The failed magician waves his wand, and in an instant the laughter is gone." - Martin Gore
Steve Dekorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009   #22
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Quotes: 19
Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dekorte View Post
I thought of another option to using lines to separate sections - instead use a very light background color for sections (#dddddd) and give them alpha so overlapping sections would be slightly darker. Also, the new header image looks nice.
You speak my language, Steve. I will have a peek at the poke when sobriety courts me on the morrow.

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
A Shining Brainless Beacon Of Elegant Mutations And Cunning Annihilations
Dr. Bantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #23
Steve Dekorte
Chymist
Threadstarter
Points: 67,073, Level: 100 Points: 67,073, Level: 100 Points: 67,073, Level: 100

If you're still interested in this project - It looks like all the modern browsers have support for embedded fonts. If you unzip this download:

Free Font Download - Stalker2 font | UrbanFonts.com

and put the ttf on the site, you can embed it like so:

@font-face {
font-family: typewritter;
src: url('http://ligotti.net/fonts/Stalker2.ttf');
}

and then set "typewritter" to the default font face.

"The failed magician waves his wand, and in an instant the laughter is gone." - Martin Gore
Old 04-12-2009   #24
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100

If you're still interested in this project - It looks like all the modern browsers have support for embedded fonts. If you unzip this download:

Free Font Download - Stalker2 font | UrbanFonts.com

and put the ttf on the site, you can embed it like so:

@font-face {
font-family: typewritter;
src: url('http://ligotti.net/fonts/Stalker2.ttf');
}

and then set "typewritter" to the default font face.
Unfortunately, I am having trouble embedding fonts within vBulletins style templates. I would like to resolve this eventually, as I have always wanted to embed custom fonts within other styles.

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
Old 06-07-2009   #25
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager

Embedding fonts does not seem to be a universal web feature just yet. Until then, I have designated Stalkler2 as the default font for the CRAMPTON style. If you wish to download it, you may do so here. Otherwise, it will default to a courier font. New "doodle" smilies have also been adopted for this style, as well as the DAGON style currently in development.

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
2 Thanks From:
G. S. Carnivals (06-08-2009), yellowish haze (06-10-2009)
Old 06-09-2009   #26
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager

When the theme is complete, it might be nice to have an black/white inverted version of it for use when ambient light is low.
Well, there is still work to be done on the main theme, but I could not resist starting the negative variant. It is a rough start, mind you. As for the general theme, I aim to drain all color from both and convert all graphics to typewriter symbols. I am wondering if the main content should be in a standard courier font in lieu of Stalker2 for legibility sake. I will make this switch temporarily for testing. If not, what do you think of kicking up the px another notch. Font size varies greatly by platform settings and screen resolution, but Stalker2 is hard to read on most systems.

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
Old 06-11-2009   #27
Steve Dekorte
Chymist
Threadstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bantham View Post
Embedding fonts does not seem to be a universal web feature just yet. Until then, I have designated Stalkler2 as the default font for the CRAMPTON style. If you wish to download it, you may do so here. Otherwise, it will default to a courier font. New "doodle" smilies have also been adopted for this style, as well as the DAGON style currently in development.

I like the smilies. Would image versions of ASCII smilies be more fitting?

Old 06-11-2009   #28
Steve Dekorte
Chymist
Threadstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bantham View Post
When the theme is complete, it might be nice to have an black/white inverted version of it for use when ambient light is low.
Well, there is still work to be done on the main theme, but I could not resist starting the negative variant. It is a rough start, mind you. As for the general theme, I aim to drain all color from both and convert all graphics to typewriter symbols. I am wondering if the main content should be in a standard courier font in lieu of Stalker2 for legibility sake. I will make this switch temporarily for testing. If not, what do you think of kicking up the px another notch. Font size varies greatly by platform settings and screen resolution, but Stalker2 is hard to read on most systems.
The font size looks a bit big to me. Also, what do you think about making all the font sizes the same (except the header) so they all look like they come from the a real typewriter?

Old 06-11-2009   #29
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager

I like the smilies. Would image versions of ASCII smilies be more fitting?
They would indeed. I am not certain if I can cover all twelve emoticons in this manner, however, but I can look into it.

The font size looks a bit big to me. Also, what do you think about making all the font sizes the same (except the header) so they all look like they come from the a real typewriter?
It was too big. I was toying with it last night and left it in a poor state. How does it look now? The intent is for uniformity in size, though the buttons are graphical and inherently different across systems. There should only be a couple of small areas out of proportion, such as the location guide at the top of the page and the username on the profile page. If you are seeing a great deal out of line, then something is amiss.

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE