Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Miscellanea > Rants & Ravings
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2017   #15
Evans
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 32,953, Level: 100 Points: 32,953, Level: 100 Points: 32,953, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Re: Nihilist poseurs and tiresome decadent rebels?

Not that it's any secret but I have a higher tolerance level for the 'Nietzschean nihilists' to the Schopenhauerian ones. I've more more sympathy for a man who says 'There is No God so therefore the meaning of the world is an arbitrary posit of my equally arbitrary will' to the one who says 'There is no God so do what I say, feel as I say; get up and fight the good fight!' .

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Adam Gilmour View Post
Whenever I see people like this who are punky Stalinists or cyber bully MRA white nationalists I wonder how they'd feel if they got everything they wanted. Would they be happy being one of millions of conforming squares in the new regime or would they just hate it?
Who are the ones who want an easy life and who needs to be an angry underdog?
I can't speak so much for the Stalinist types; I suspect in the Post New Left scenario a great deal of their strength and image comes from a primarily negative oppositional stance. Regarding the 'MRA white nationalists*', I'm only familiar with one of them, and I suspect he would be happy with that state-of-affairs, though by his own logic he would also be happy with a multi-racial society where everyone acted in a certain way (he would merely dismiss the possibility of such a society). Racism is ultimately a difficult one to square with anti-Consequentialism and free will since it makes moral assessments of people based on something other than their behavior as moral agents.

*MRA is a difficult term. If you meant the American pickup-artist 'Game' thing then given the emphasis on personal victory over others it is hard to see how it could serve as the grounds of a stable society. Even the much vaunted Libertarian style society where everyone is free to pursue absolute unbridled competition is unlikely. As the whole thing is meant to be amoral (in which case what bearing does it have on political proposals?) it is hard to see what objection they could give against re-engineering certain standards of sexual desirability through media imaging and social pressure.
Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Raul Urraca (01-29-2017), ToALonelyPeace (01-29-2017)