Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Miscellanea > Off Topic > Video Games
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2005   #1
Dr. Zirk
Mystic
Quotes: 0
Points: 39,641, Level: 100 Points: 39,641, Level: 100 Points: 39,641, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
Video Games

I'm curious if any other TLO members are video gamers, and if so, have you encountered any games with a Ligottian feel?

I'm a casual gamer, and no expert on the subject, but I'm playing an Xbox title now called Manhunt (from the same company that does the Grand Theft Auto games). This game has atmospheric parallels to MWINYD, with its depiction of the dilapidated streets of Carcer City, a generic stand-in for any American rustbelt city (Erie, Pennsylvania comes readily to mind for me).

Almost as soon as I started playing this game, it made my think of the locale of MWINYD. The game's storyline is obviously much simpler than a TL story, and has to rely on graphic violence for a lot of its impact, but the atmospheric touches of desolation, isolation, fear, and a touch of madness all ring true.

I'm curious if anyone else has made similar connections between video games and TL stories?
Dr. Zirk is offline   Reply With Quote