THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Collecting > Items Wanted
Home Forums Content Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 03-01-2012   #1
Nicole Cushing
Mystic
Quotes: 0
Points: 14,554, Level: 83 Points: 14,554, Level: 83 Points: 14,554, Level: 83
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Subterranean SONGS OF A DEAD DREAMER

Hi folks:

I'm interested in obtaining a copy of Songs of a Dead Dreamer. While I'd probably buy almost-any copy of this book, I'm really looking to get the Subterranean Press edition. (I already have the Subterranean Grimscribe and have preordered the Subterranean Noctuary. I really want to get the entire Subterranean set.)

Thanks,

Nicole
Nicole Cushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #2
Ascrobius
Our Temporary Supervisor
Points: 17,951, Level: 92 Points: 17,951, Level: 92 Points: 17,951, Level: 92
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
Re: Subterranean SONGS OF A DEAD DREAMER

Are you looking to get one? I can ask Tom if he has any copies left. Tim

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn
Ascrobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #3
Ascrobius
Our Temporary Supervisor
Points: 17,951, Level: 92 Points: 17,951, Level: 92 Points: 17,951, Level: 92
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I contacted Tom and he has no more copies of SOADD. I have many copies, so if you'd like, I'll sell you one of mine for the cover price. Just let me know. Best Tim

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn
Ascrobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #4
Gatocamera
Mannikin
Points: 4,519, Level: 45 Points: 4,519, Level: 45 Points: 4,519, Level: 45
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Like Nicole, I missed out on SOADD, own Grimscribe, and have pre-ordered Noctuary. When SOADD was released, I was in financial straits at the time and had to make a choice with the little bit of money left to me between it and Matt Cardin's Dark Awakenings collection. While I don't regret getting that book (Cardin's marvelous story "Teeth" probably stands as my favorite work of short fiction ever), I did make a misjudgment about the availability of each book: I can still order DA for quite a generous price, but these newest hardcover copies of SOADD are fetching prices of up to 200$ now.

That's not to say I haven't had some marvelous Ligotti-related luck in the last couple of years. Chief among my prized possessions now is a copy of The Nightmare Factory, in very good condition, that I scored off of ebay for under $40. Nevertheless, my reprints collection will never be complete without SOADD, so any information leading to the acquisition of a reasonably priced (under 80$) copy of the text in decent (preferably new) condition would be much appreciated.
Gatocamera is offline   Reply With Quote