THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Discussion & Interpretation > Story Forum > THE CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE HUMAN RACE > CATHR Online Reviews
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register
Comment

Review Tools Search this Review Display Modes Translate
ON THE HOOF
ON THE HOOF
DF Lewis
Published by Nemonymous
05-28-2007
Topic Winner ON THE HOOF

Below is my on-the-hoof review during my first reading of The Conspiracy Against The Human Race (CATHR): a major 'non-fiction' work by Thomas Ligotti that has just been kindly presented Click here to read the entire review
3 Thanks From:
By Nemonymous on 12-14-2007
Re: ON THE HOOF

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Can View Post
You are indeed not alone. I shall be back.
Mr Can
After a few months, I think it about time I thanked you for the above post, Mr Can. I must admit I originally had a 'frisson' about it, no doubt resulting from a combination of slight incomprehension about the whole - and a misinterpretation of your tone in the last sentence. However, today, I see, from another thread on this site, that you seem to have a sense of humour.

I now give you the benefit of the doubt. I surely saw a one-man conspiracy where there was none to see. So, yes, indeed, thanks for your thoughts above.

des (still on-the-hoof)
By Mr Can on 04-20-2009

Quote Originally Posted by Nemonymous View Post
I see, from another thread on this site, that you seem to have a sense of humour.
Yes, I do have a sense of humor - like leaving 16 months before replying. It seems a long time ago - pre-credit crunch, in fact.
By Nemonymous on 07-10-2010

I have now completed my very personal real-time review of the book that is The Conspiracy Against The Human Race:
http://weirdmonger.blog-city.com/the_conspiracy_against_the_human_race.htm
By gveranon on 07-11-2010

Mr. Lewis, that real-time review is so dense with insights and perspectives, especially on the theme of "self," that it begs for expansion. (If you feel like doing so -- I have no right to assign you a task.) Your long-meditated thoughts on the Intentional Fallacy make contact with CATHR in an explosion of sparks. My head hurts. Your review seems to be a really deep (if somewhat mystifying, perhaps necessarily mystifying) reading of the book.
By Nemonymous on 07-12-2010

Thanks, gveranon. It is a very personal slant on the book. The considerations are difficult to nail because by nailing them one can kill them.

Whatever the case, I hope my review at the above link makes it clear how great I think CATHR as a book truly is - with its forensic truth, its valuable truth for its own sake. However, I was also reluctant to post my whole review directly to TLO for a reason I also can't actually nail.
Last edited by Nemonymous; 07-12-2010 at 11:41 AM..
By Nemonymous on 07-16-2010

In hindsight, the new short short fiction I wrote today here:
http://www.ligotti.net/showthread.php?t=4362
is a possible elucidation or nailing of the real-time review I wrote a few days ago upon the CATHR book.
By Nemonymous on 01-13-2018

I notice my link above is defunct regarding my real-time review in 2010 of the CATHR book itself. This is the current one: https://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com...tti-my-review/

Having reread this whole thread today, I gather it represents my very first gestalt real-time review - back in 2007!
By Nemonymous on 01-14-2018

Quote Originally Posted by YellowJester View Post
This is another test(one that doesn’t read as if English is my second language). Note: the ratings in the last test do not reflect my evaluation of On the Hoof, nor that of my employees, family, and few friends.

A nice post by YellowJester in 2007.
Comment