EddieMA
Acolyte
Quotes: 0
Points: 8,877, Level: 65 Points: 8,877, Level: 65 Points: 8,877, Level: 65
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
new story by J. B. Ford available at ligotti.de.vu

Hi all,
there's a new story available at my website: 'The Black Brain Mechanism' by John B. Ford. Please give it a look.
http://www.ligotti.de.vu
Eddie M. Angerhuber

My best, Eddie M.A.
www.ligotti.de.vu
EddieMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #2
matt cardin
Grimscribe
Points: 74,627, Level: 100 Points: 74,627, Level: 100 Points: 74,627, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
Re: new story by J. B. Ford available at ligotti.de.vu

Thanks for updating us, Eddie. And thanks for continuing to provide so much excellent reading material on your Website. I don't know how many people here have noticed it (although probably quite a few have), but the fiction section of your Website has grown to represent a kind of mini-anthology of stories by contemporary writers who are, or ought to be, of great interest to Ligotti fans. (And I am not saying that because one of my own stories appears there (in German (which I can't read ;-) ) ). I'm talking about everybody else.
matt cardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #3
EddieMA
Acolyte
Threadstarter

Hi Matt! Thanks for saying that. I like the idea of my website being a "story anthology" and thinking of it, it would be nice to have all those fine stories printed in book form, no? Perhaps some day I'll find a publisher who's willing to do that?
Matt, there's not only 1 story of yours on my website - there are essays, too .... don't forget them ;D

My best, Eddie M.A.
www.ligotti.de.vu
Old 03-12-2005   #4
matt cardin
Grimscribe
Points: 74,627, Level: 100 Points: 74,627, Level: 100 Points: 74,627, Level: 100

I would love to see a print version of some of the material at The Art of Grimscribe, Eddie. Maybe it will come to pass some day, if we're lucky.

Yes, I do still have a couple of essays posted at your site, don't I? Interestingly, I found my "Thomas Ligotti's Career of Nightmares" and "Liminal Terror and Collective Identity" reprinted without my permission at the Website www.room23.de a year or two ago. Most recently, whoever pirated them has chopped them down to an abridged length. I have no idea who is responsible, but oh, well. I suppose it just means more heightened awareness of Tom's writing in the end.

This is by way of saying that I'd much rather have you publishing my work than the anonymous coward (that's the self-chosen online identity of whoever reprinted those essays) at room23.
Old 03-12-2005   #5
EddieMA
Acolyte
Threadstarter

Matt, someting like that (internet piratery, unauthorised reprint) happened to one of Thomas's essays some time ago, and he forced those people to delete it. Of course we received an insulting email and were verbally abused, but nonetheless they had to surrender and put it down. I don't know how many of my stories have been reprinted somewhere in the depths internet ;) and I don't really care. You can't really prevent things like these on the internet; it's sad but true that many people just aren't polite enough to ask for permission, they seem to think it's too much work to ask. Ah, well, I don't give it a damn *LOL* :P
Best to you! Eddie

My best, Eddie M.A.
www.ligotti.de.vu
Old 03-12-2005   #6
DeathfareDevil
Mannikin
Points: 21,143, Level: 100 Points: 21,143, Level: 100 Points: 21,143, Level: 100

Wow, I would like to second (or third) the gratitude for/to Herr Angerhuber. I can't believe I'm this late in exploring the works of fiction at "The Art Of Grimscribe"; I've read nearly all the other (English) stuff, and have profoundly enjoyed the essays (thanks, Matt Cardin, btw). So now I'm giddy at the prospect of having all these new tales to consume.

Thanks, Eddie!
DeathfareDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #7
matt cardin
Grimscribe

Sorry to hear about Thomas's and your episode with copyright infringement, Eddie, but I'm glad to know that it worked out right in the end.

DeathFareDevil -- You're welcome. I'm glad you've enjoyed reading some of my more formal musings Ligottian (meaning more formal than the extemporaneous ones I post here). As for the other essays at Eddie's site, if you haven't yet read Ligotti's "Notes and Aphorisms," then you're in for a treat. It's rather like Lovecraft's Commonplace Book, except that in addition to plot germs and other such thoughts noted down for possible use in works of fiction, it also collects philosophical musings and other fragmentary writings that flowed from Tom's pen over a period of years. As such, it's like a window into his creative process at a very primal, unrefined level.

Between TLO and The Art of Grimscribe, there really is a wealth of material available to Ligotti-philes on the Internet, isn't there?
Old 03-13-2005   #8
EddieMA
Acolyte
Threadstarter

[quote author=DeathfareDevil link=board=other_news;num=1108035101;start=0#5 date=02/15/05 at 07:21:22]Wow, I would like to second (or third) the gratitude for/to Herr Angerhuber. [/quote]

Dear DeathfareDevil,
thanks a lot, & you're very welcome ...... but ... er ... she's a lady "Eddie" is only my nickname. My real Christian name is Monika (I don't like it, can you tell? ;) )

My best, Eddie M.A.
www.ligotti.de.vu
Old 03-13-2005   #9
DeathfareDevil
Mannikin
Points: 21,143, Level: 100 Points: 21,143, Level: 100 Points: 21,143, Level: 100

Dear DeathfareDevil,
thanks a lot, & you're very welcome ...... but ... er ... she's a lady "Eddie" is only my nickname. My real Christian name is Monika (I don't like it, can you tell? ;) )
Oops! "Sorry, I have a cold."
No, actually, duly noted.
DeathfareDevil is offline   Reply With Quote